Why become a member? ×

EMG 35P4 pickup. SALE AGREED
£31

SALE AGREED

EMG 35P4 pickup, with connecting cable for EMG quick connect solderless system. Absolutely immaculate.
The EMG 35P4 is the EMG precision pickup in an EMG 35-sized housing, which is 89mm x 38mm.

£29 posted in mainland UK. Will also post to the EU, but add about another £3.

[url=http://www.ephotobay.com/share/emg-35p4.html][/url] Edited by hamfist

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1392277983' post='2366650']
Hi there, please can you tell me how the sound from this compares to SD quarter pounders?

Please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks
[/quote]

OK, I'll have a go. Duncan SPB-3's have a good top end but all EMG pickups to my ears have a very present high end in a different way (maybe it's at relatively higher frequencies). Also the EMG has a quicker attack, feeling almost instant, which I have never felt quite the same with any passive pickup. I'd say the EMG has a slightly compressed quality also, that passive pickups tend not to have. It's definitely still very much a "P pickup"" though. Much, Much more mids and "richness" going on compared to something like a 35DC.
It's difficult to describe but I hope that helps.

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1392305399' post='2367051']
Reckon this would fit in my TRBX in place of the neck pup? Might give me the zing I was after :) I've no idea if it would wire up to the existing preamp or not though
[/quote]

I don't think so. Your pickups in the TRBX are passive and the whole preamp is designed for passive pickups. An active pickup (like this EMG) needs a preamp designed for active pickups. Unfortunately it's not mix and match in this case.

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1392309717' post='2367147']
I don't think so. Your pickups in the TRBX are passive and the whole preamp is designed for passive pickups. An active pickup (like this EMG) needs a preamp designed for active pickups. Unfortunately it's not mix and match in this case.
[/quote]

Was worth a shot! I bet a passive EMG combined with that sweet bridge pickup would sound quite interesting to say the least. :) GLWTS

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1392339029' post='2367700']

Was worth a shot! I bet a passive EMG combined with that sweet bridge pickup would sound quite interesting to say the least. :) GLWTS
[/quote]

IMO, the passive EMG's are pants. All scooped to hell.

S'funny, it was always the neck pickup I loved in the TRBX !