Why become a member? ×

Thunderclap Appeal

EliasMooseblaster

(NB I'm kidding myself that this is musically relevant enough to warrant posting in GD; Mods, if you beg to differ then I won't object to you moving it as you see fit!)

Anyway, I have a little favour to ask you lot...

As some of you know, Cherry White (aka That Band What I Play With) have appointed a new singer. We're trying to build up a bit of a buzz around said singer's identity via this medium:
[url="https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/8526-who-is-cherry-white-s-singer"]https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/8526-who-is-cherry-white-s-singer[/url]

What happens is, if you connect your FB/Twitter/Tumblr to this campaign, it allows us to post a single, short message to your feed/blog on the 1st March. You may get a couple of email updates from us, but otherwise there's no spam, no cost and no strange requests to sign up to other weird stuff.

If any of you kind souls you could help us get to our goal of 100 supporters, that would be fantastic. (Because the message won't go out otherwise!) Thank you all most kindly in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh crap, did Nickelback use that idea for a video as well?

I half-inched the idea from Hooverphonic, who did exactly the same thing (but more professionally) when they introduced their new singer. And apparently Michael Jackson did something similar back in the '90s. I didn't realise Chad Kroeger and his ilk had done this as well. Bugger...

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1392402539' post='2368368']
Lol really? I thought everyone would hjave seen it. But the good news is i liked your song.
[/quote]

Oh christ, and it's THAT song as well! Yeah, I'd heard the song (unfortunately) but never seen the video. Might have gone with a different idea if I'd known...

[quote name='madshadows' timestamp='1392407357' post='2368483']
Great song and video, like the singers voice a lot :)
[/quote]

...but thank you both, I'm really glad you like the song!

[quote name='EliasMooseblaster' timestamp='1392462059' post='2368984']
Oh christ, and it's THAT song as well! Yeah, I'd heard the song (unfortunately) but never seen the video. Might have gone with a different idea if I'd known...

...but thank you both, I'm really glad you like the song!
[/quote] I wouldn`t take much stock in my criticism for the video. I have never been in a band or made a video. It isn`t bad to be honest, it just reminded me of the Nickleback song, but i have never seen the videos you based it on. Why didn`t you showcase the singer as you have a new one? I gotta admit i would`ve preferred to see who the singer was in the first video a lot more, then maybe do the next video with the theme that you took with this one. I think it is great that you are doing all this though,

Edited by timmo

To be fair, my embarrassment stems chiefly from the fact I can't stand Nickelback! The aim was to keep the new singer's identity a secret, and hopefully get people talking about it a bit, so the idea behind the video was to get people guessing as to which of the featured people was the one who got the job. (Clue: it's not the guy with the huge 'tache at 0:32!)

Then of course, once the Thunderclap goes off and the song comes out, we'll be showcasing the new member as far and wide as possible, but hopefully with a slightly larger base level of interest than if we'd just told our existing followers, "hey, look, we have a new singer." Don't know how well this experiment will work, but I thought it was worth a try! (And thank you once again for supporting it!)