Why become a member? ×

Upgrade to an Ampeg BA112 combo?

Scott S

I've been using a Line 6 LowDown LD15 combo for a year or two now, which is pretty decent, but I think it's time for a change. I like the look of the Ampeg BA112 combo and I'm wondering what you peeps think of it.

I tend to play a mix of music; 60's R&B, funk, blues, etc, pretty much everything except heavy rock/metal, if this has any bearing.

I'm interested in finding out about the Ampeg's 5 presets feature, too...is this anything like the Line 6's Clean, R&B, Rock and Grind amp models?

My budget is limited (yeah, thanks Xmas, lol) to £250-300.

Cheers.

I had a ba115 , basically the same but with 100 watt 15 inch driver. The style switch moved tone progressively from what I thought was a pretty mellow sound towards a more trebbly sound. I always had mine on number 4, for what it's worth. It sounded pretty sweet overall. Had no issues, except Big hiss with the trebble anywhere past 12 o'clock. I thought the di was hard to work with.

[size=4]I have the BA12 for home practice, it's ok for that, but at 50 watts it cries out in severe pain if you try and play with the band. Not great build quality either.[/size]
[size=4]Go for a Genz Benz 300 watt 2 x10 combo I forget the model but GAK are knocking them out for £300 and I think someone on this Forum's seen them somewhere for £250. A no brainer![/size]