Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Bass Pod xt

steve-bbb

Anybody else use one? have just got one today and having probs downloading the tones to it

have installed Monkey and latest Java etc - Monkey can see the pod on the end of the usb and confirms that all the software/drivers/firmware/flash mem etc are all up to date

edit-tone locker software is another matter however - the software recognises initially that the pod is at the other end of the usb then when it tries to refresh it shows an error message Your Bass PodXT has stopped responding. P{lease try resetting the power and clicking refresh in the tone locker.

ive tried this - and installing uninstalling reinstalling etc making sure java totally up to date rebooted several times and still the same

am running windows xp (fully updated)

any ideas appreciated

not tried midi connection as i only have one midi cable at present and need two apparently so just trying it with the usb for now

ta muchly

this is weird - ive just gone into IE and allowed active x (usually use firefox but the download wouldnt work and trhrew up an active x message in firefox?)- it still keeps displaying the same error message when it tries to read the pod . however if i open up the tone edit dialog window using a downloaded tone, i can adjust all the parameters in real time using the controls on the pod itself - the pod is talking to the pc fine down the usb but tone locker just doesnt seem to want to sync :huh: :blink:

Edited by steve-bbb

Hi steve-bbb,
I have the XT (bean shape) and the XT Pro (rack). When connected by USB, the XT can be seen by Tone Locker but the software times out (seems similar to you) whilst the XT Pro works everytime. I have deleted and reloaded the drivers for XT using Monkey, I have updated all possible drivers on my PC too but it's always the same. I contacted Line 6 through the help section on their website a number of times, the response is always update the drivers, BIOS, etc.

[quote name='inneutral' timestamp='1390490875' post='2345982']
Hi steve-bbb,
I have the XT (bean shape) and the XT Pro (rack). When connected by USB, the XT can be seen by Tone Locker but the software times out (seems similar to you) whilst the XT Pro works everytime. I have deleted and reloaded the drivers for XT using Monkey, I have updated all possible drivers on my PC too but it's always the same. I contacted Line 6 through the help section on their website a number of times, the response is always update the drivers, BIOS, etc.
[/quote]

hi thanks for reply - ive emailed line6 support yesterday so still waiting for reply

have you tried it with midi cables? ive only tried it with usb at the moment because i only possess one midi cable at present