Why become a member? ×

Delta 300 head not working properly

Luulox

Hi guys, I took delivery of a carlsbro delta 300 head today and i cannot get it working. All the lights come on and when i turn the volume knob up the clip light comes on when i hit the bass strings but nothing comes out of the cab, i have tried two cabs neither were a success. i have connected cabs with both a speaker lead and tried an xlr lead but no joy. The only sound i can get out of it is a really low volume distorted bass signal when i tried running the speaker lead from the fx loop socket on the back of the amp to the cab when i did this, the volume knob has no impact on the volume but the gain knob does a little. Its a long shot anyone knowing what's up from my description but Im hoping someone may have some idea.
Cheers
Pete

[quote name='Luulox' timestamp='1390335729' post='2344257']
Hi guys, I took delivery of a carlsbro delta 300 head today and i cannot get it working. All the lights come on and when i turn the volume knob up the clip light comes on when i hit the bass strings but nothing comes out of the cab, i have tried two cabs neither were a success. i have connected cabs with both a speaker lead and tried an xlr lead but no joy. The only sound i can get out of it is a really low volume distorted bass signal when i tried running the speaker lead from the fx loop socket on the back of the amp to the cab when i did this, the volume knob has no impact on the volume but the gain knob does a little. Its a long shot anyone knowing what's up from my description but Im hoping someone may have some idea.
Cheers
Pete
[/quote]

You might have tried this but there is a mute button next to the volume Knob