Why become a member? ×

Tanglewood TW 55A Electro-Acoustic Bass

yorks5stringer

This as new Tanglewood Electro-Acoustic Bass with gig bag was very generously donated by "Rhino" to the Yorkshire Bassbash, held on June 29th.

The view of those present was that we should auction it on this site as it exposes it to more potential purchasers and therefore we should be able to raise more money for the musically-related charities we wish to support. The winning bidder will get to choose which one of the following Charities their bid goes to: MBF, Orpheus, Youth Music, Drake Music and Nordorff Robbins.

The closing date for bids will be 8.00 pm on Saturday 12th July, and bidders should just post their bids on the thread: the highest bidder who has a bid timed (and can therefore be validated by all Basschatters) before or at 8.00 pm on the 12th July wins the Bass.

I have placed a reserve of £75 so it does not go for silly money ( this is not a cheap ebay bass, its shop, not RRP price is £400!) and the buyer will also need to arrange for collection at their expense.

Remember this is for Charity and it is a cracking Bass too.

We have raised £40 so far from the Bash, help us take it to a more meaningful sum!
[attachment=10315:TW55BASSMED.jpg]
Apologies for the stock photo but rest assured this bass is as new!

Cheers

Keith

Well if you can get £15 tenners pledged I don't mind it becoming a raffle as if I get it I will probably only flog on in a few weeks anyway!

Steve

EDIT: Although it may of course go up a lot via the auction process :-)

Edited by birdy

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='233013' date='Jul 5 2008, 07:45 AM']oh stuff it... I'll put my oar in for £160

I'll be eating beans on toast for a month if I win it though... :)[/quote]

Top man,

"Beans, beans, good for the heart, the more you eat, the more you....! :huh:

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='233013' date='Jul 5 2008, 07:45 AM']oh stuff it... I'll put my oar in for £160

I'll be eating beans on toast for a month if I win it though... :)[/quote]

Thanks Paul, I was heading for divorce if I had actually won this :-)

Steve

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='237055' date='Jul 11 2008, 08:46 AM']I've now discovered I'll not be around to defend my bid on Saturday evening, so I'll up my bid now to £200[/quote]

My condolences on your demise: just send a post dated cheque!

Seriously, you have raised the bar with this, good on you!

Edited by yorks5stringer