Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Warwick Jazzman LX5

My LX5 is going up for sale or trade, this has been an exclusive bedroom player since I play mainly with my Sandberg which gives me my live tone down to a tee.

It's in perfect condition, not a scratch to it's name.

Like all my items, I welcome a try before you buy but i've just sold my Genz Neopack which will hopefully be shipping this weekend when the cheque clears... so i'll be ampless for a few days while I sort a DB750 i'm finishing up a deal on. I will ship it *BUT* I will not hazard a bass like this without a hardcase, my local music shop has a nice second hand hardcase I can have for 30 which i'll purchase if postage is necessery, i'll split the cost 50/50 with the buyer.

New this bass is circa 1500 according to the gallery, but Warwick re-sale isnt the greatest... but i'll accept offers around 800 for the time being since I don't need to sell it and it's a bloody nice bass!

Trade wise i'm VERY interested in a Rickenbacker 4001 or 4003, if it's a Mapleglo i'll put money with the bass depending on it's condition.
I'm also partial to a nice jazz or precision :)

I've worn out the stings, but I will put a new set of Elixers on for a buyer/trade.

Thanks

If you want anymore pics, just gimme a shout!

Hi
I have exactly the same bass(and same colour) and can highly recommend it, great punchy versatile tone, lots of options, ive used it in many musical situations and always had lots of compliments on the tone. if its like mine photos dont do the AA flamed top justice.
Big bump for a great bass at a good price- lee

Thanks for the kinda comments guys!

[quote name='joe_bass' post='232828' date='Jul 4 2008, 04:59 PM']Any sound clips or anything mate? That would be helpful in this case (for me anyway :) )

Also what year manufacture is it??[/quote]

You can come up and have a go if you want, where abouts are you located?

I'll see if I can find out when it was made tomorrow, but I think it was early 2000?

EDIT: I should say that now I do need to sell this now thanks to some prick driving into my car while it was parked and leaving no note, so if it isn't sold by next weekend then it's going on the bay.... so if you're thinking about offering a trade...etc then get in touch before then.

Edited by minty fresh death

Down on the south coast mate so quite a treck lol.

Reason I ask for sound files is I have been looking at this bass but haven't found it anywhere locally to try out and there doesn't seem to be much on the internet to show it off.

The last two digits on the serial no indicate the year of manufacture, theres usually a dash before it so you can easily tell mine has 03 to indicate 2003 also a letter at the beginning indicates the month i,e A = jan B=feb etc
hope this helps-lee

bump

anyone know any warwick resource sites for dateing this bass?
[/quote]

[quote name='joe_bass' post='234035' date='Jul 7 2008, 11:43 AM']Down on the south coast mate so quite a treck lol.

Reason I ask for sound files is I have been looking at this bass but haven't found it anywhere locally to try out and there doesn't seem to be much on the internet to show it off.[/quote]

If you're really serious we can meet at a music centre nearish half way so you can have a crack?

[quote name='joe_bass' post='234991' date='Jul 8 2008, 02:28 PM']Cheers for the offer of doing that but I just wouldn't be able to get up anywhere any time soon at all mate.[/quote]

mmkay, i'll record you some stuff, what do you want to hear.

bear in mind though this will be using my eq settings through my amp using my technique, so it could sound completely different to what you will hear when you play :)