Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FOR SALE 1991 Warwick Thumb Bass NT 4 string

Gunsfreddy2003

Looking to move on my Warwick Thumb bass after 15 happy years together!

Have to sell to fund my new custom built bass and will be very sorry to see her go as she has been a trusty and reliable bass for a long.long time. There are some signs of wear on the bass but nothing out of the ordinary for a guitar that is 17 years old. There is some "thumb rash" above the bridge pick up and a couple of scratches around the jack socket and cut away to the neck. However I repeat that these are minor and cannot be seen unless you look really, really close!

Please note that as I am funding a new bass I am not open to any trades for this one.

If you want more info or pics then please PM me.

Oh yes price!!

Looking for around £1k which I think is a fair price. Not going to give her away!

Thanks

Mark

Edited by Gunsfreddy2003

I know I'm biased but these older Thumbs really are stunning basses. Great wood and superb build quality and they really growl!

I particularly like the figuring on that body.

All the best with the sale.

Peter

Never a more true word said my friend!

Thanks

Mark

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='230723' date='Jul 1 2008, 05:46 PM']I know I'm biased but these older Thumbs really are stunning basses. Great wood and superb build quality and they really growl!

I particularly like the figuring on that body.

All the best with the sale.

Peter[/quote]

Edited by Gunsfreddy2003

£2k - I would be dead chuffed to sell at that price!

Yes still dreaming about that amount!

Mark

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='230928' date='Jul 1 2008, 09:34 PM']I've got one of these too, same year. Guy who did some work on the frets for me recently was so impressed he was asking how much they went for now. "About two grand?" was his estimate. :)

Actually I don't think I'd take two grand for mine.[/quote]

Come on guys this is a fantastic bass - as I have said I will look at offers on this one.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='233294' date='Jul 5 2008, 08:01 PM']Weekend BUMP - May have to consider offers on this one!

PM me if interested.

Mark[/quote]

Guys,

Had this on Ebay and been offered £700 for her - if any of you guys would like her then the first one to offer £750 can have her as it saves me the Ebay fees if I sell her through the forum. Also feel happier that one of you guys will appreciate the bargain more than an Ebay bod!!

You all know that this is an absolute bargain.

Pains me to sell at this kind of price but market forces obviously dictate.

PM me if you are interested and she can be yours.

Cheers

Mark

Am I to assume that no-one on this forum is interested in this bass at £750.

Tell me guys do you all think that this is expensive? Sure as hell seems a more than fair price to me for a hand built bass with a thru neck!

Perhaps cash is just tight at the moment?

Some feedback on this would be great!

Mark

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='240418' date='Jul 15 2008, 10:04 PM']Guys,

Had this on Ebay and been offered £700 for her - if any of you guys would like her then the first one to offer £750 can have her as it saves me the Ebay fees if I sell her through the forum. Also feel happier that one of you guys will appreciate the bargain more than an Ebay bod!!

You all know that this is an absolute bargain.

Pains me to sell at this kind of price but market forces obviously dictate.

PM me if you are interested and she can be yours.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='241088' date='Jul 16 2008, 04:23 PM']Am I to assume that no-one on this forum is interested in this bass at £750.

Tell me guys do you all think that this is expensive? Sure as hell seems a more than fair price to me for a hand built bass with a thru neck!

Perhaps cash is just tight at the moment?

Some feedback on this would be great!

Mark[/quote]

At other times, your price would've been considered quite fair, or even very good. But in the current market, people are just not buying at all. Another member on this forum sold a few Warwicks a while back, and some of the prices he was letting them go for were jawdropping, but were also very indicative of what they were pulling on Ebay.

I'd suggest holding onto it, although it may be some time before this market turns around.

+1 on Finn's comment.

I believe that everyone should have a pre 92 Thumb NT in their bass wardrobe. The neck is so wonderful I could eat it. Growls like a Grizzly and made like a real Mercedes. In fact the parallel with Mercedes abounds in that early Mercs were built to a standard that modern ones can't compete with.

This is an opportunity that only those in the know truly appreciate.

Forget more modern Warwicks IMO, this is the real deal.

So bump!!

Peter

Guys,

Thanks for your comments I really appreciate them. Seems a shame that us bass players appear to be so brand fickle!!

Just out of interest - have you guys changed the pre-amp on your Thumb's at all? Mine is totally original but I wonder if I kept it if there is any benefit in upgrading the electrics etc?

Mark

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='241209' date='Jul 16 2008, 08:03 PM']+1 on Finn's comment.

I believe that everyone should have a pre 92 Thumb NT in their bass wardrobe. The neck is so wonderful I could eat it. Growls like a Grizzly and made like a real Mercedes. In fact the parallel with Mercedes abounds in that early Mercs were built to a standard that modern ones can't compete with.

This is an opportunity that only those in the know truly appreciate.

Forget more modern Warwicks IMO, this is the real deal.

So bump!!

Peter[/quote]

Edited by Gunsfreddy2003

No mods on mine at all, stock MEC pups, original 2-band MEC circuit. I wouldn't want to mess with the sound.

I agree with the other comments about pre-'92 Thumbs. They are the best basses Warwick ever made - these are the basses that made their reputation after all - and I'll never shift mine.

Except maybe to replace it with a 5 from the same year. :)

Looks like she stays as is then!

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='241243' date='Jul 16 2008, 08:51 PM']No mods on mine at all, stock MEC pups, original 2-band MEC circuit. I wouldn't want to mess with the sound.

I agree with the other comments about pre-'92 Thumbs. They are the best basses Warwick ever made - these are the basses that made their reputation after all - and I'll never shift mine.

Except maybe to replace it with a 5 from the same year. :)[/quote]