Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING Markbass TTE 500 'Randy Jackson' incl.TTE Amp Bag & Bass Keeper
£625

Asking price now [b]£600.[/b]

I've owned this since new from the first shipment batch to the UK from the factory in Italy. Condition is as near to new as I can describe. I look after my gear!

The DI box that sits atop the amp when I'm gigging has rubber pads which haven't affected the surface or the factory sticker in any way.

Included in the sale is the dedicated Markbass TTE holdall (£75), which has a side pocket capable of storing a power cable, speaker cable and a velcro-fixing Markbass 'Bass Keeper' (£20), which I'll also include. It attaches nicely to the right side handle of the amp and secures a bass nicely, as I've shown in one of the photos in the link below.

The weight of this amp is LIGHT given it's size and power. 6kg/13lbs. I never ran out of headroom with the amp either, and even with the input in 'passive' mode, my active basses never clipped at gig volumes.

[b]Preamp: [/b]Tube

[b]Tube: [/b]3x ECC83 + 1x ECC81 (compressor)

[b]Power Amp: [/b]Analog (TTE: “Tube Technology Emulator”)

[b]Power Supply:[/b]Special Markbass Digital Power Supply

[b]Power:[/b] 500W @ 4 ohms / 300W @ 8ohms

[b]EQ[/b] (passive)
- BASS
- MIDDLE
- HIGH

[b]Controls: [/b]compressor - colour (tube-driven VLE)

[b]Outputs: [/b]Speakers (2 speakon combo) - Line Out (XLR)

Tonally, it's very valve-y (or tube-y, depending on your location!). I feel it leans towards more of an all-valve Ampeg B-15 than say a modern hybrid amp, such as the Aguilar DB750, especially with the Compressor and the Colour (VLE) control in use . However, it can be kept very clean and fast-sounding with minimal adjustment.
I've used this with Traveler 1x12 and New York 804 cabs - both with impressive results.

There are orange LEDs around the circuitry that give a subtle valve-like glow through the mesh on darkened stages.

The new price of these amps range approximately from £700-900 from reputable suppliers in the UK.

[b]£615[/b] including TTE amp bag, Bass Keeper and UK delivery.

Photobucket link. I've included a stock photo from the official website to show how black the finish is when not under purple/red stage lights which seem to have affected the amp's appearance in the photos I took:

[url="http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/lawriemacmillan/library/Markbass%20TTE%20500?sort=3&page=1"]http://s1342.photobu...0?sort=3&page=1[/url]

Edited by lawriemacmillan

[quote name='bassbluestew' timestamp='1389214922' post='2331562']
Just got one of these last week.
Great amp, clean but warm and extremely powerful, and surprisingly modern sounding to my old cloth ears :-)
GLWTS Lawrie.
[/quote]

Thank you Stewart! :-) Have you played it live yet? Even though I'm selling this one, I still have the TTE 800 amp over in the continent. They sound gorgeous!

[quote name='bassbluestew' timestamp='1389261297' post='2331945']
Only once - it's a very recent acquisition.
Loved the sound, just what I'm after, a bit more modern than the TH500 which is what I wanted.
Now thinking of changing cabs :-(
[/quote]

I urge you to try the 4x8" New York 804!!!!!!

• 1 month later...