Why become a member? ×

Dominant and Superflexible strings
£35

I'm having a clearout of some bits and pieces I don't think I'll use. I have an unused Thomastik Dominant A string, still with its envelope. This has been stored for a few years but never installed. These are a synthetic core string which make a good hybrid string for arco work and jazz pizz. It would be worth reading up on Dominants on Talkbass, as they have a reputation for being fragile if not installed in a specific way. They do sound great though! This single string might be useful in a mixed set, or just to knock a few pounds off the price when buying the rest of a set new. £20 posted in the UK. [b] NOW SOLD. [/b]

I also have three Thomastik Superflexible strings, the E,A and G. The D-string is missing. These are a steel core string and quite high tension, bright and growly though slightly mellower than Spirocores. These have been used for around six months, albeit during a period when I was playing a lot. The bass I had them installed on had a short tailpiece, so I had to cut the silks back slightly at the scroll end to avoid them fouling the nut. Consequently you can see some uneven (but not broken) windings for the first inch or so at this end on the E and A, but this section will be behind the nut on almost all basses. I have tried to photograph this as clearly as I can. Because of this, I've priced them very cheaply. You can buy a new D string easily enough to complete the set. £15 posted in the UK. [b]STILL AVAILABLE[/b]

Edited by Beer of the Bass