Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warwick Streamer Stage II 5

nemo

A beautiful SSII 5 is for sale for [color="#2E8B57"][b]SOLD[/b][/color] + shipping (about 80 EUR to UK).

Please see pics and details on my ad on the other forum:
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446761"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446761[/url]

Thank you :)

Edited by nemo

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='295548' date='Sep 30 2008, 03:57 PM']Out of curiosity (curiosity killed the cat…), why are you selling?[/quote]

I asked the same in his previous sale thread and it's purely because his Sadowsky does exactly what he wants and that the SSII is too growly for his needs.

[quote name='XB26354' post='295661' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:23 PM']Why should I PM? It's hardly a trade secret that no-one can shift Warwicks in the UK at the mo. I should know as I have two :)
Glad you picked yours up in a flightcase for £700 too - as you posted in another thread.[/quote]

You should have PM’d him about pricing issues out of courtesy instead of questioning it in his for sale thread. A perspective buyer may now change their decision to buy the bass at the advertised price due to the content of your comment, and the owner of the bass is entitled to ask for the price he wants regardless of the current sale trends on used bass guitars. If you were truly concerned for him that he may be holding out for an unachievable price then you should have sent him a PM, as apposed to posting a public comment for all perspective buyers to see. Regardless of etiquette, it doesn’t take more than a few brain cells to work this one out.

Your quite right about me getting my SSII for the price I did, but that was in a thread where someone was enquiring about the value of their own bass so I was offering information regarding the price of a bass that I had recently acquired, therefore giving a picture of current sales trends – quite a different situation than this FOR SALE thread.

[quote name='XB26354' post='295661' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:23 PM']Why should I PM? It's hardly a trade secret that no-one can shift Warwicks in the UK at the mo. I should know as I have two :)
Glad you picked yours up in a flightcase for £700 too - as you posted in another thread.[/quote]

I've shifted 3 Warwicks in as many months, all for the right amount of money and have all gone smoothly, especially with Ben. And I've seen at least 4 other Wick's listed and gone within a day or 2 in the last month alone, so sorry but your statement doesn't hold any water.

The thing is its his for sale thread,you do him no favours debating the price of his bass in his thread.Comments or disagreements about what someones bass is worth should be sent via PM out of common courtesy as Benwhiteuk states. :)

edit,forgot to add the smiley,sorry.

Edited by kennyrodg

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='295814' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:53 PM']The thing is its his for sale thread,you do him no favours debating the price of his bass in his thread.Comments or disagreements about what someones bass is worth should be sent via PM out of common courtesy as Benwhiteuk states.[/quote]
Happy?

Just with regards to people commenting on price etc. surely that's what a forum is for. Otherwise this would just be a classified ads section! Just as people are entitled to say - 'great bass - I'd buy it' they are entitled to comment on price, surely?

With regards to the price of this it think €1590 is a great price - it's just that the £ is so c**p in the exchange rate is the problem. A year ago this would have been a steal! You can't expect people outside the UK to drop their prices just because certain politicians here can't run the country (sorry - getting far too political now!)

Anyway best of luck. If I had the money in the bank I would buy it now! It's better than the £2300 for a new one!

I'll just have to wait for the pound to regain some value! Should only be a couple of decades (sorry again - old habits)

PS if anyone wants to sell their 5-string stage II for £700 I'll take it! :)

Thanks for all the positive comments.
If anybody is on the market for Streamer Stage II, this is my offer of one in VERY clean condition.
I have had some interested parties already even for the previous higher price but they ultimately backed off (I and still have one interested guy I communicate with).
Sure, everybody would love to snatch SSII for £700 or 500, let them wait for the deal to emerge.. :)
As for the reason of sale, it is as cited. Let me quote my PM replying to this question:

[quote]Well, about dislikes - this is subjective and everybody has different sound goals and plays in a bands with certain style where it should fit.
This bass is technically perfect, everything is working as it should. The B is excellent, really the best one of the basses I have or have had.
Only it didn't fit to the band I am playing with - they have been spoiled recently with my P-bass with flats - it means very thick, round, warm sound, and the Warwick was for them too of a sudden change - very focused and defined sounding. I was sorry about it, because I really love the looks of the SSII - it does not get much better than this... I tried setting the pups balance and on-board eq, but they still did not feel it. As for me, I would keep it, but if it is not getting played, it must go..
The neck profile was ok for me, I have no problem with it. I have also the Warwick Corvette 5 fretless and it is excellent bass.[/quote]
Moreover, my new Sadowsky MS5 is fitting the bill for both me and the band so this is now my go-to bass.

The SSII is excellent bass nontheless and its B is better than on the Sadowsky.

There is no reason to lowball this perfect instrument.

• 2 weeks later...