Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Custom Gig Bags?

I'm not sure about gig bags, but you could get a lightweight hard case made by [url="http://www.caltoncases.co.uk/custom.htm"]http://www.caltoncases.co.uk/custom.htm[/url]

Although, I'm sure any decent upholstery company could make you a leather one pretty reasonably and would be up for the challenge. I ended up making my own leather gig bag for my Hohner B2A Pro because it was ridiculously expensive to get a proper one.

[quote name='Stickman' post='227584' date='Jun 26 2008, 08:17 PM']Does anyone know where I might get a custom gig bag made? Need one for my Chapman Stick and it really does work out too expensive to import a genuine one from the States...[/quote]
Have a look at www.Pelican.com cases. Their 1750 Weapons case might fit. They usually sell on Ebay.

[quote name='Stickman' post='227678' date='Jun 26 2008, 10:58 PM']Thanks for the tips so far guys but I am definitely after a soft case/gig bag I can sling over my shoulder as I already have a hard case for it.[/quote]

Get out into the country,and check out any Game,Fishing,or Gun shops,they do soft cases to fit rod/weapon size. D0 you have a regular 10 or a grand 12?

[quote name='ARGH' post='227752' date='Jun 27 2008, 07:33 AM']Get out into the country,and check out any Game,Fishing,or Gun shops,they do soft cases to fit rod/weapon size. D0 you have a regular 10 or a grand 12?[/quote]

Good idea. I wonder if they are very well padded though? I have a regular 10 string.

[quote name='Stickman' post='227815' date='Jun 27 2008, 09:27 AM']Good idea. I wonder if they are very well padded though? I have a regular 10 string.[/quote]

Regular 10 eh?

They are quite padded,if you want them to be,you can get uberswish leather and genuine skin insides,soft interiors (like buckskin etc) If you are a Vegan your gonna baulk,but You can have such an exclusive looking case,zipped,waterproof and made to your specs.

If you get TOTALLY stuck,pm me.....Im thinking of moving into leatherwork.