Why become a member? ×

Auto-decay pedals

thisnameistaken

I'm after a pedal that will let me set an amplitude decay time and retrigger each time I play a note. I've seen the Pigtronix Philosopher King can do this but it's a big pedal with a lot of features I don't need, so I wondered if anyone knows of anything else that can do just the decay end of things - I guess a compressor of some sort?

A compressor in reverse. Not sure what's available in a pedal format. I use a channel strip that has this feature.

Description from the manual:

Noise Reduction:
A downward expander operates exactly opposite to a compressor. Signals falling below the set Threshold are progressively attenuated rather than abruptly switched off as with a noise gate. Also with a gate if the signal is a constant level and just below threshold the gate will stay closed (no signal passes). With the Expander there will be an output but at a reduced level. The further the input level falls the more the gain is reduced. Expander response is soft knee around the onset of attenuation which combined with a low ratio (2:1) and slow decay (similar to 'release' on a gate) time ensures transparent operation.

Edited by dincz