Why become a member? ×

Nuts.

Grassie

I've bought a new nut for my VM Squier P-bass - a Graphtech PT1204 slotted which is supposed to be a replacement for precision bass nuts. Having compared it to the old one however, they are noticeably different - the original is sloped toward the G slot, has a flat bottom edge and is thicker.
Excuse the camera phone pic, old nut is the white one.
[attachment=148322:WP_000071.jpg]

There are so many variations available on the net that I'm finding it near impossible to find a exact replacement. It's obvious that I've wasted £9 on the new nut (unless there's someone on here that wants to buy it from me), but is there someone in BCland that makes nuts? I'm sure I've seen a thread on it...
Please help! :)

Edited by Grassie

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1384339197' post='2275374']
I've bought a new nut for my VM Squier P-bass - a Graphtech PT1204 slotted which is supposed to be a replacement for precision bass nuts. Having compared it to the old one however, they are noticeably different - the original is sloped toward the G slot, has a flat bottom edge and is thicker.

There are so many variations available on the net that I'm finding it near impossible to find a exact replacement. It's obvious that I've wasted £9 on the new nut (unless there's someone on here that wants to buy it from me), but is there someone in BCland that makes nuts? I'm sure I've seen a thread on it...
[/quote]

Looks like you have mistakenly bought a 'dedicated' Fender bass nut that is arched to fit the camber of the bass neck profile.
Many suppliers of 'Fender' fit nuts make these...
Always worth a try to return it for a flat nut?

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1384339197' post='2275374']

[/quote]

Here is a link with what looks like a flat bottom nut for a P bass...from WD in Kent, UK ....http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/pre-slotted-bone-nut---precision-bass-neck-8238-p.asp