Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pickups from CH guitars

Greggo

Anyone ever used the pickups from chguitars.co.uk?

Thinking of getting a musicman style pickup because the output is a bit lower than the one currently in my Vintage 'ray copy so hoping might be a bit less aggressive.

They are not too expensive either so thinking maybe worth a punt.

Edited by Greggo

Yeah. I've had a p bass pickup from them which was brilliant, fantastic when looking at the price.
I've also had a humbucker sized P90 from them which was sort of an all or nothing type of pickup but still worked well with all pots open.

I'd go with it and see but they are good. Read someone else talking about knowing the guy who owns/makes/ sells them knowing his stuff pretty well so I'd put money on it being alright.

Chris is a personal friend of mine;) He supplied me with my 6& 8 string basses ..and my jack daniels bass!;)
Tbh, all of these are ch pickups and are loud as f@@k! Great sound. Great bloke, so buy with confidence.
Btw; the jd has musicman pickup on it. Band members preferred that bass sound to my steineyes and washburn status .

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1384459072' post='2277074']
Chris is a personal friend of mine;) He supplied me with my 6& 8 string basses ..and my jack daniels bass!;)
Tbh, all of these are ch pickups and are loud as f@@k! Great sound. Great bloke, so buy with confidence.
Btw; the jd has musicman pickup on it. Band members preferred that bass sound to my steineyes and washburn status .
[/quote]

Ah nice one cheers!

Think I'm going to go with them and get their 5 string musicman pickup as a replacement.