Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: Aguilar GS212 8ohm

trent900

I know nobody cares but for completeness' sake this is withdrawn...

Hi!

In a rookie error, I bought an Aguilar GS212 immediately after an Epifani UL310, then immediately realised the Epifani made the Aguilar completely unnecessary.

Therefore, I am pleased to offer for sale a brand new, unused, original packaging [url="http://www.aguilaramp.com/products_cabinets_gs212.htm"]Aguilar GS 212[/url]. Not having played it (obviously) I can't tell you anything about it from personal experience but I bought it on the basis of top reviews for both the company and the cab.

In short, it's a 600W 2x12" cab, with tweeter. This is the [b]8 ohm[/b] version. Harmonycentral reviews [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Aguilar/GS212+Cabinet/10/1"]here[/url] if you need them - as you can see, pretty positive to say the least.

These are scarce-ish the UK and Europe. You can Thomann it for about £670 or you can Bass Gallery it for the astonishing price of £525. For either of these you are likely to wait.

Considering this is completely brand spanking, I'm looking for [b]£420[/b]. I originally asked £500, but luckily for all you lot the people I bought it from sent me an 8 ohm when I asked for 4 ohm and gave me some money off to compensate.
You'd be my best friend if you collected, otherwise we can organise meeting for petrol money. I live in Derby.

Interested? Good choice. Please email me on [email protected] or call me on 01332 293542. [b]Don't PM[/b] unless you want to wait a long time for a response - my mobile doesn't do basschat!

Many thanks!

Jon

Edited by trent900

Having owned two GS112's I can say that these cabs are amazing in what they can do, how they sound, and how they'll be perfect for just about everything you'll ever need.

I sold mine only because I have two Epifani UL112's. If I could have justified it I would have kept them both.

For anyone weighing up a 2x12 vs a 4x10 - just think of it as the 2x12 feels like it's giving you more love, in all the ways you like.

[quote name='doctorbass' post='228363' date='Jun 27 2008, 11:25 PM']Can you confirm whether its 4 or 8 ohm?[/quote]

Yes, sorry, basschat access for me is irregular at the moment. It's 8 ohm. It was meant to be 4 ohm but it is actually 8 ohm.