Why become a member? ×

New Mk2 GK Mbe cabs.

Grassie

Hey all,

I have a Mk1 Gallien Krueger MB210 combo, and I'm ready to buy the MBE210 extension cab for it, but GK have discontinued the Mk1's in favour of the Mk2's. Will my combo stack OK on the new cab? The interlocking corner protectors don't look the same, and I can't find a Mk1 ANYWHERE! Aesthetically speaking i would prefer a Mk1 to match my combo, but I'm not going to buy a Mk2 if I can't sit the combo on it properly.
Any ideas? Fanx. :)

I have no idea about the stacking compatibilty of the mk1 and mk2 cabs, but I did find a MK1 mbe 210 (says its still on stock on the site, maybe worth sending an email)

http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/gallien-krueger-210mbe-2x10-bass-cabinet-1701-p.asp

hope that helps in your search.

Hey Monster, thanks for the link but I contacted these guys to ensure I'd get a Mk1 as pictured on their site, and they told me that the Mk1's are discontinued and I would receive a Mk2. So on to GK themselves who told me that the "footprint" of the new cabs is the same as the old ones except for the interlocking corners. they very helpfully offered to send me replacement ones for my combo free of charge, so hats off to Gallien Krueger. I'm going to order my cab today. :)

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1384246624' post='2274304']
Hey Monster, thanks for the link but I contacted these guys to ensure I'd get a Mk1 as pictured on their site, and they told me that the Mk1's are discontinued and I would receive a Mk2. So on to GK themselves who told me that the "footprint" of the new cabs is the same as the old ones except for the interlocking corners. they very helpfully offered to send me replacement ones for my combo free of charge, so hats off to Gallien Krueger. I'm going to order my cab today. :)
[/quote]

Can't knock that, can you? And they get a sale! Result.