Why become a member? ×

Leduc U-Bass 5FL

eubassix

Photos (I'll add details shortly) :-

Leduc U.Bass lined fretless 5-string: lightweight swamp ash body, floating spruce top, 3-piece maple neck, and lined ebony fingerboard. Bass features the "floating" top for which Leduc U.Basses are famous: effectively a hybrid solid-body / acoustic bass; the ash body is hollowed out and the bridge rests on a floating spruce top which is braced like an acoustic. It gives you a DB/eub)tone: very warm and "woody." The LaBella 'Deep Talkin' Bass' nylon tapewound strings (as currently fitted) add to this (and they're ultra smooth to play / very low tension). The mini headstock (truss-rod/s beneath) /clamps are designed to work with regular strings... so no need for double-ball strings. 34” scale; 1 & 7/8” nut; 10/18mm string spacing (nut/bridge); 7 & 3/4 lbs

Edited by eubassix

[quote name='Ticktock' timestamp='1384172597' post='2273443']
At first glance I thought the first pic was a cake.
That is pretty nice, man. How does it play etc?
[/quote]
Thanks Tt - exceptional instrument for that DB/eub tone in an electric bass guitar. Christophe Leduc still produces the U.Bass (which has changed slightly in design over the years), so it will be featured on his website. It would be my #1 FL bass, if I didn't have this one :-