Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** D' Addario XL Chromes (flatwound, medium scale)
£20

Hi there,

I'm selling a four string set (45' - 100') of flatwound D' Addario XL Chromes.

See here: [url="http://www.daddario.com/DADProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=3769&productid=175&productname=ECB81M_Chromes_Bass__Light__45_100__Medium_Scale"]http://www.daddario....0__Medium_Scale[/url]

These are as new, with the exception that I opened the packet and briefly attached the A string to my guitar before noticing I had purchased the wrong size!

I purchased them from the D'Addario website thinking that the phrase "[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#4D4D4D]Fits medium scale basses with a string scale length of up to 34 inches[/color]"[/font][/size] meant they would fit my newly acquired Squier Jazz (34" scale length). As this is my first bass I hadn't realised there was any dubiety about winding length and so on - buying strings for a strat is so much more straightforward ;) I contacted them to see if I could return, but no dice as I've opened the pack. I thought £20 (inc postage) was a fair amount for someone to get a decent deal and for me to recoup some losses (they cost £30 off the website).

Obviously these are not suitable for a 34" scale bass, but they should work on a 30" or possibly a 32" size bass. I've included a photo to show how the A string looked on my bass.

Any questions, please ask.

Cheers!

Bob

[attachment=147967:2013-11-06 14.26.37.jpg]

Edited by jakeybob

I have the same strings ( Medium scale ) on my both my Short scale Mustang Bass ( Through body stringing ) and my Terrific Yamaha Motion B 32" Medium scale Bass and they are Great! Just slightly more tension than Ti Flats, which is a good thing on Short/ Med scale Basses!

Will.

Edited by 2x18