Why become a member? ×

Ampeg Portabass Rig - Now Sold

Mr Bassman

This is a great sounding American made, lightweight portable rig for smaller venue or larger venue with F.O.H. P.A.

The small head comes with an Ampeg gig bag.

The cab has a removeable trolley style telescopic handle, and a tilt back handle underneath, rated at 400w it has 2x10" neo drivers and a variable h.f. unit.

Open to offers or trades for Markbass 2x10 or 1x12 combo, acoustic image, a.e.r. or anything upright.
Original r.r.p. was around £699 each (as far as I can remember) May split.

[attachment=11097:Cab_rear.jpg][attachment=11096:cab_tilt.jpg][attachment=11095:cab___head.jpg]

Edited by Mr Bassman

[quote name='Bernmeister' post='225573' date='Jun 24 2008, 02:31 AM']Hi All,

I must say that i've done some deals with Keith in the past & i can honestly say he keeps
his gear in top condition, he's a very friendly geezer & very easy to deal with.

Best of luck with the sale / trade Keith.

Cheers Bernie[/quote]

Thanks for those kind words Bernie.

Anyone thinking of dealing with Bernie should have no worries, he's a great guy!

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='225366' date='Jun 23 2008, 08:57 PM']This is a great sounding American made, lightweight portable rig for smaller venue or larger venue with F.O.H. P.A.

The cab has a removeable trolley style telescopic handle, and a tilt back handle underneath, rated at 400w it has 2x10" neo drivers and a variable h.f. unit.

Open to offers or trades for Markbass 2x10 or 1x12 combo, acoustic image, a.e.r. or anything upright.

Can take to bash on Sunday! would prefer local pick up or delivery.

[attachment=9970:PB250_bag.jpg]
[attachment=9969:PB250.jpg]
[attachment=9968:PB_210H.jpg]

Will sort some pics later if anyone is interested.[/quote]
I took it to the bass bash but nobody bought it 'cos they spent all their money on beer & raffle tickets! :)
So it's still available

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the bump Joe.

I might just sell the amp and keep the cab 'cos it's so light & versatile, & has a small footprint, which is great for tight spaces!

You can also place the cab horizontally it on top of a 1X 15 without breaking your back!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='250112' date='Jul 29 2008, 12:51 AM']Cheers for the bump Joe.

I might just sell the amp and keep the cab 'cos it's so light & versatile, & has a small footprint, which is great for tight spaces!

You can also place the cab horizontally it on top of a 1X 15 without breaking your back![/quote]

How much are you looking for for the amp head?

Neil.

[quote name='ALFIE NOAKES 900' post='265114' date='Aug 19 2008, 12:09 AM']Hi - is the cab still available, and how much would you accept for it? And what's the impedance?
Regards,
Phil[/quote]

Hi Phil,
the cab is 4ohm
both are still available although someone is interested in the amp only.

Pricewise £325
could meet half way or I'm driving to cornwall from yorkshire maybe thursday this week if your anywhere inbetween!

cheers
Keith

Hi Phil,
sorry but Warwicks have never appealed to me.

cheers
Keith

[quote name='ALFIE NOAKES 900' post='265463' date='Aug 19 2008, 01:23 PM']Keith,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds perfect (and I'm sure it does) - would a straight swap for a Warwick 4 string $$ be of any interest to you?

Regards,

Phil[/quote]

Keith,

Okay - understood. I also have a MiM P-Bass with a Gotoh bridge and a Kent Armstrong humbucker pickup professionally fitted, probably of similar value to the cab. Picture attached - is this of interest? (If I had the cash at the mo' I'd have the cab off you sharp'ish, but I'm running on empty)

Regards,

Phil

Edited by ALFIE NOAKES 900

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='225366' date='Jun 23 2008, 07:57 PM']This is a great sounding American made, lightweight portable rig for smaller venue or larger venue with F.O.H. P.A.

[attachment=11097:Cab_rear.jpg][attachment=11096:cab_tilt.jpg][attachment=11095:cab___head.jpg][/quote]

I've still got this cool lightweight rig, but it's not getting used enough and I"ve too much gear hanging around so still for sale.

£325 each or £600 for both.

Sounds great with a Fender P or acoustic upright

Forgot to mention cab now comes with a new [url="http://www.roqsolid.co.uk/wordpress/"]Roqsolid[/url] cover.

The amp and cab were reviewed in [url="http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=167:issue-1-cd&catid=44:back-issues&Itemid=86l"]Bass Guitar[/url] magazine if you've kept your old copies.