Why become a member? ×

Sold~ Status Empathy 5 string

Bassy

Hi i'm selling this little beauty as i've found myself leaning towards Fenders.
The Empathy series were the top of the Status range in the 90's, near identical to the current Status S2, apart from the Empathy has matching facia woods front and back and no truss rod due to the strength of the graphite neck through. The Empathy's are no longer available.
Here's the details:
Woven carbon fibre through neck 5 string. Quilt maple front and back and i think walnut wings.
Two dual coil Status hyperactive pickups and a Status pre amp. The preamp is vol, blend, bass, treble and a sweepable mid with a cut/boost switch which works on the mid selected. This pre is very versatile, giving you a mellow dub to agressive rock sounds.
Comes with a Hiscox hard case.
There are some scuffs and chips which i've tried to show in the photos.
Looking for £870

From the Staus website:
The Empathy's woven graphite through-neck and phenolic fingerboard offer complete stability and a total absence of dead spots, demonstrating Status' knowledge and understanding of graphite as a manufacturing material.
The active circuitry employed on the Empathy offers extensive tonal adjustment. The treble, bass and variable midrange controls combine with the master volume and pickup balance to produce a huge variety of tonal possibilities. The twin Status Hyperactive pickups were conceived to produce a powerful, well defined tone and contribute significantly to make the Empathy one of the most flexible, professional basses in the world.

Edited by Bassy

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mr Cougar' post='234189' date='Jul 7 2008, 02:44 PM']Better watch out Bassy, if I shift my Sandberg Jazz anytime soon you might be subject to a Cougar bite.

Lovely bass, deserves to be sold.[/quote]

Jim,
you hate Statii - you said they were for sad 80's b******s like me :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='225438' date='Jun 23 2008, 10:21 PM']Guess that's a no on all three counts, then :)

Sounds like you're gearing up for a Status order, Steve![/quote]I will be but don't tell her in doors. WINK!

[quote name='Mic' post='235938' date='Jul 9 2008, 06:05 PM']its a sweet bass. ive always wanted a status, maybe one day!

i think michael mckeegan used to use them in the 90's with Therapy?[/quote]He certainly did and when I saw them, he sounded brutal.
Morgan out of the Senseless Things played one too, he now plays keyboards for Muse. What a bassist.

• 5 weeks later...