Why become a member? ×

Decisions!

joe_bass

Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a new bass and have narrowed it down to either a Lakland 55-02 or a Warwick Streamer $$ 5. Not exactly like and like basses I know!!

I want a nice bass that can handle a broad range of tones, I feel that overall both of these basses can do that however.

I liked the MM style pickup on the Lakland and also the tightness of the B string due to the 35" scale, the jazz pickup was also impressive.

However I currently own a Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5 that I've always been quite impressed with so didn't want to rule out the idea of a Warwick as always used to think to myself that as soon as I had the funds I'd be looking at the real deal.

So I was just wondering what your opinions are.

As I've said I loved the Lakland for the range of tone (especially the MM type sound) however the feel of the Warwick and that signature growl I can't personally ignore although I do appreciate the range of tone wouldn't quite match the Lakland.

Cheers guys

If I go with the Lakland it would be a case of importing from America, should work out (including all taxes, i hope!) at £1000.

The Warwick would be about £970 from Germany.

I think deal wise the Warwick would be the better, but obvs that isn't the most important factor!