Why become a member? ×

Could you recommend a good DI/splitter?

mildmanofrock

Hi folks,

I'm planning to record my bass this way:[list]
[*]Bass > DI/splitter box > Various pedals > REDDI DI > into Pro Tools.
[/list]
At the same time, I want to record a track of clean bass, without effects, which would be:[list]
[*]Bass > DI/Splitter > one lead going to pedals and REDDI, as above > other lead going to Golden Age Preamp 73 > Pro Tools.
[/list]
I'm looking for the best possible bass sound on both tracks.

The track going through the REDDI track will give me that.

Can anyone recommend a decent DI/Splitter box that will give me a comparably good sound for the clean, unaffected track?

Thanks!

Steve

Edited by mildmanofrock

• 2 weeks later...

HI,
a friend of mine and I are Currently developing a TRUE BYPASS, 3 way splitter, and seperate Mixable return section (at the moment , going to just one output, but this can be changed to stereo LR etc) , Primarily so that i can Run 3 lines of parallel effects, but there are MANY uses for each of the boxes . the splitter can be used on its own to split your signal 3 ways, with no volume loss, and the return box is like a floor mixer, with level controls and foot switches for each channel.
Please get in touch if A) this is something you'd be interested in B) anything extra you'd like of need in either the splitter or the return .
this is a New project for me , but we hope to be creating some really useful gadgets that will compliment your existing setup , stay Tooned