Why become a member? ×

Headless 4 String Fretless + Gigbag PRICE DROP £600
£700

mybass

PRICE DROP TO £600

Only one gig under its belt and has since sat in its Warwick headless bass case for a few years.
Excellent action on maccasar ebony fingerboard and 5 piece maple/wenge neck, lovely sound off the walnut and mahogany body.
Seymour Duncan humbucker pups.
The tuning system uses normal strings, the ball end anchors at the top end of the neck and it stays in tune for ever.
I kept thinking I could get into headless bass but its not to be so even though I designed and built it, I'm just not using it at all so it has to go or else I will be dismantling it.
I design and build basses, have done for over 15 years both for myself and private orders than are generally more expensive than priced here for this bass.
This bass plays really well, feels solid and has a great look to it. The top bout follows the contours of the fender bass outline and the two end strap buttons allow different playing positions.
Can be posted but always nice to try before you buy.
There is a sound clip lurking on my computer somewhere if anyone needs, email address please.

Edited by mybass

[quote name='k-sad' timestamp='1382688260' post='2255366']
More pics please :)

Why don't u fret it and sell it to some reggae bassman? :)
[/quote]

Well, fretting it now would put the side dots out of position but I also know any confident fretless player won't need frets to play reggae....unless you are interested k-sad....!
I'll add a montage page of pics....

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1382630729' post='2254720']
I may be interested in part trade on Markbass LM3 or even Markbass 2x10...
Only one gig under its belt and has since sat in its Warwick headless bass case for a few years.
Excellent action on maccasar ebony fingerboard and maple/wenge neck, lovely sound off the walnut and mahogany body.
Seymour Duncan pups.
I kept thinking I could get into headless bass but its not to be.
There is a sound clip lurking on my computer somewhere if anyone needs, email address please.
I design and build basses, have done for over 15 years both for myself and private orders than are generally more
expensive priced here.
[/quote]

Bump to say I'll be in the Evesham Vale area this sunday for a few days, could take the bass if anyone was interested.

[quote name='k-sad' timestamp='1382808770' post='2256855']
Nope sorry, only do 5 stringers...
But this looks like a nice little piece of kit :)
[/quote]
thanks K-sad, yes it is a very nice piece of kit indeed, lovely neck to play on, much nicer to have than a couple of the 'plank' type basses I had considered previous to building this.

Excellent action on maccasar ebony fingerboard and maple/wenge neck, lovely sound off the walnut and mahogany body.
Seymour Duncan pups.
I design and build basses, have done for over 15 years both for myself and private orders than are generally more
expensive than priced here for this bass.
[/quote]

BuMp

Seymour Duncan pups.
[/quote]
bump

Seymour Duncan pups.
[/quote]

Bump

Seymour Duncan pups.
[/quote]

bump

PRICE DROP TO £650

Seymour Duncan pups.
[/quote]
bump

PRICE DROP TO £650

Excellent action on maccasar ebony fingerboard and 5 piece maple/wenge neck, lovely sound off the walnut and mahogany body.
Seymour Duncan pups.
This bass plays very well, feels solid and has a great look to it. The top bout follows the contours of the fender bass
The body wood is very pleasing to the eye.
[/quote]

Bump

• 2 weeks later...

PRICE DROP TO £650 to include post in UK
or £620 collected ( so you can play it first!)

Seymour Duncan pups.
This bass plays very well, feels solid and has a great look to it. The top bout follows the contours of the fender bass
[/quote]

bump

• 5 months later...

PRICE DROP TO £650 to include post in UK
or £620 collected ( so you can play it first!)

Seymour Duncan pups.
[/quote]

Bump

• 3 weeks later...

PRICE DROP TO £600

Seymour Duncan hum buckler pups.
The tuning system uses normal strings, the ball end anchors at the top end of the neck and it stays in tune for ever.
I kept thinking I could get into headless bass but its not to be so even though I designed and built it, I'm just not using it at all so it has to go or else I will be dismantling it.
I design and build basses, have done for over 15 years both for myself and private orders than are generally more expensive than priced here for this bass.
This bass plays really well, feels solid and has a great look to it. The top bout follows the contours of the fender bass outline and the two end strap buttons allow different playing positions.
Can be posted but always nice to try before you buy.
[/quote]
Bump