Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 210 compact (x2) - Trade for ABM 410
£300

BluRay

[size=4][b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2x Ashdown ABM 210t compact cabs - trade for ABM 410.[/font][/b][/size]

[size=3]I [font=Arial]bought these 210s new to provide a vertically aligned stack for gigs - and they are superb. Portable, small stage footprint and HUGE sound. However, bad back meant I needed to go lighter still, so I switched to a NEO rig for live situations. A couple of very minor scuffs on the tolex and corner protectors, but otherwise A1.[/font]

[font=Arial]I've found that the vertical 210 stack is MUCH louder/fuller sounding than an equivalent 410 on its own ([i]seems [/i]about 30% louder, and more beefy) - maybe due to running the amp at 4 Ohm and being quite a bit taller - on end they stand a bit taller than an average 810. I play in a loud band with heavy hitting drummer and two geetards - and these cabs deal with that situation no problem.[/font][/size]

[size=3]I'm looking to trade for an equally good condition ABM 410 to keep at my rehearsal room, as the 210 stack is a bit overkill for that![/size]

[attachment=204585:post-9102-0-16751900-1440235522.jpg]

[size=3]- the bass in the pic is for sale separately :-) [/size]

[size=3]I've fitted extra feet (provided by Ashdown) for stacking on end. [/size]

[size=3]Meet within reasonable radius of Sheffield.[/size]

[size=3]The Ashdown blurb is as follows:[/size]

[color=#777777][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][size=3][i]The [b]Ashdown ABM-210T Compact[/b] is a 350 watt 8 Ohm bass cabinet combining 2 X 10" Ashdown BlueLine drivers with an HF horn in a precision tuned plywood cabinet. As the name suggests, this is a particularly compact cabinet, ideal for use in a portable rig that’s easy to transport.

The cabinet is constructed from high-grade birch ply with properly screwed and glued joints, protected by a tough, buffalo leather cloth covering and chromed metal corners. [b]Special Ashdown-designed[/b]metal handles are used in favour of inferior flip handles which can rattle after years of use.

Ashdown BlueLine speakers are specially developed to achieve a superb balance of power, transparency and deep, controlled low end, without sacrificing any of the mid-band attack and high-end brightness that are so important in a modern bass sound.[/i][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[b] [size=3][i]Ashdown ABM 210T COMPACT Cabinet EVO III Specifications:[/i][/size][/b][list]
[*][size=3][i][b]Power Handling:[/b] 350W continuous, 700W programme[/i][/size]
[*][size=3][i][b]Speaker Configuration:[/b] 2 x 10" + HF tweeter[/i][/size]
[*][size=3][i][b]Frequency Response:[/b] 75Hz - 20kHz[/i][/size]
[*][size=3][i][b]Impedance:[/b] 8 Ohms[/i][/size]
[/list]
[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Weight - 28kg each.[/font][/size]

Edited by BluRay

For an extra £60 I could probably get as far as M1 Junction 27 for a handover (and I'd chuck in high quality Ashdown fitted covers which I hadn't listed in the sale). Thats a 2.5 hour drive from dartford. The cabs (new ) cost me around £600 + £88 for the covers. Still tempted?
:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...