Why become a member? ×

How much would you charge?

EuropeanBassPlayer

In November, I am going to have an interview/seminar in regards to audio recording at the Academy of Sound Engineering in Warsaw. From 10am to 7pm, transportation and lodging paid. Interview will also be printed in music magazine. On top of that, organizers are asking me about my fee. How much? I have no idea, don't want to under nor over charge for it. Any advice? I will greatly appreciate your feedback.

250 euros per day seems fair as its going to publication, your travel and accommodation expenses are immaterial.
10am to 7pm is a long day. Im a humble painter and decorator in my other life and that pays 150 euros (in pounds) per day so as a professional musician/ sound engineer with a degree? Charge 250..

How many people is the seminar to and how much have they paid to be there. My guess would be 50% of the days fees providing you are the only speaker. Ie 50 people at 20 euros each would give you 500 euros. My advice would be start high and be prepared to come down rather than underprice yourself. I don't know anything about this but that is my thinking ;-) Good luck