Why become a member? ×

Laney Nexus Tube now SOLD!
£400

Steff

Hi everyone,

I've got a Laney nexus tube head for sale, it's been sitting in the corner for quite a while now and it's a shame really cos it's a very good amp.

[url="https://www.laney.co.uk/products/product_details/111"]https://www.laney.co...uct_details/111[/url]

Photos available on request.

The amp needs a bit of work hence the price. The valves are old and need to be replaced. On the last gig I used it, two of the valves blew their fuses so it's currently running on 6 valves. This is a valve issue and once revalved, it'll run nice and smooth as it used to.
The tube preamp pot is crackling a bit which I guess can be easily solved with contact spray. I just never did it as I have probably done 5 gigs with it for the last 2 years, because of the weight.

The revalve will cost you probably about £180 for valves if you do it yourself.
It is a great amp, very versatile and looks mean too, it's just too heavy to be gigged 3-4 nights per week... That's why I'm only using my littlemark lately. Beautiful tone and 400Watt of valve power...

Comes with a Silverstone cover worth £45 and the original foot switch

Trades accepted (cash your way or mine, I don't mind)

EBS TD650
other lightweight amps
Ampeg SVT IIp preamp
2x12 or 4x10 lightweight cab

edit for more trade options:
pair of genuine 70's fender jazz pickups
70's fender jazz maple neck

try me :)

I'm based in London, would meet halfway or I could deliver if we split petrol expenses.

Edited by Steff

Yes it is a great amp, the only reason I'm selling it so cheap is I can't be bothered to invest £200 to get it in top shape and then put it on sale for £600 as that's about what they go for. Might be handy for someone who has valves and can revalve it himself...
Potential sale pending.