Why become a member? ×

My first bass build

matejj53

So I just ordered hard maple wood for neck it will be 3 peace neck and ebony fingerboard 34 inch scale swamp ash tonewood. The body shape singlecut. Very much like fodera I'm not luthier or anything and I'm not planing to sell it but just build my dream instrument :)

So I just ordered hard maple wood for neck it will be 3 peace neck and ebony fingerboard 34 inch scale swamp ash tonewood. The body shape singlecut. Very much like fodera I'm not luthier or anything and I'm not planing to sell it but just build my dream instrument :)

• 1 month later...

Looking good, slightly exotic for a first attempt but it's looking great. My second bass is on the drawing board, Birds Eye Maple neck and fingerboard, Mahogany Body, hollowed out barring a central tone block, Quilted Maple Top, cream binding to body and neck, set neck with ergonomic heel, EMG Jazz at neck, EMG Jazz at middle and EMG Stingray at bridge, vol and tone for each and a final active tone

hanks guys yes, it is very exotic for first time obviusly the experienced guys luthiers could do much better than me that is why I wanted to do a copy at first and found woods for a good price. Thanks for comment it is getting there now I need to put bridge pickups and sand it and I will use nitro-cellulose laqor. I really like Fodera MG and wanted to make one for long time (as I really can't buy it yet) but it is clearly just for myself I am not planning to make business out of it.

JazzRay- it sound really good where are you getting woods from? check out www.sollerguitars.com