Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warwick Streamer LX or Corvette Hotrod 2005 LTD?

DSBass

Hello fellows!

I have the opportunity to finally be a Warwick owner. Have been wanting one for 15 years.

I have the models in the title to choose from. The Streamer is a 1997 year model with P/J configuration. It also has wenge neck and fretboard whereas the Hotrod is all maple. Body fretboard and neck.

I play mostly different kinds of rock but sometimes pop, rnb etc. I only can afford to have one bass right now so I need it to be versatile. I love the classic Warwick tone. I also love the Jazz bass tone.

Right now I have a Stingray and I dont like that tone to much.

Both basses in exellent condition.

Which one would you choose? And why?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards/Daniel

I'm biased as I have one (97 model as well) but I would recommend the Streamer LX. Having a PJ configuration you have all of the essential tones you may require, but infused with that classic Warwick growl and snap. From an aesthetic point of view the Streamer is more easier on the eye as well.

If you're in a position to try both then I would serverely recommend you try both and decide for yourself.

[quote name='DSBass' timestamp='1381687627' post='2242361']
I will trade the ray for this Streamee. Its really hard to get instruments sold in sweden right now. People dumping prices. So to get most of it its better to trade.
[/quote]
Ah, fair play :-)

Yeah, its better for both to trade and get an equal value bass instead of us both sell it to a sh*tty price.

Its decided now that we are going to do the trade next weekend :-)

I think I will be very happy with the trade.

Thanks again for your replies.

Best regards/Daniel

[quote name='Josh' timestamp='1381685300' post='2242301']
I'm biased as I have one (97 model as well) but I would recommend the Streamer LX. Having a PJ configuration you have all of the essential tones you may require, but infused with that classic Warwick growl and snap. From an aesthetic point of view the Streamer is more easier on the eye as well.
[/quote]

I'm with Josh. I have an LX5 (which differs from the 4-string in that it's a JJ-model rather than PJ) so I'm a little biased too, but I think they're incredibly versatile, punchy as hell, tight, and they have a tremendously agressive midrange. And a wenge neck is classic Warwick :)