Why become a member? ×

Interesting read on bass setup and choosing the right instrument.

SevenSeas

Thought people might be interested in reading this, there is so much to know about bass in general especially about set up which can be mind boggling if you aren't a luthier.

Anyway heres the link. (the first part talks about purchasing a bass and if you carry on reading it goes into talking about setup and everything you should consider, in quite a lot of detail from tail piece, saddle, bridge, basically everything)

This might be common knowledge to some bass players here but theres definitely stuff in this article that I haven't heard about before.

http://www.aesbass.com/bassgear1.htm

Cheers.

[quote name='SevenSeas' timestamp='1381568625' post='2240680']
Thought people might be interested in reading this, there is so much to know about bass in general especially about set up which can be mind boggling if you aren't a luthier.
[/quote]

Information like that is empowering for everyone, even luthiers. Most luthiers continue picking up new theories, techniques and general bass lore over their entire careers - I'm 43 and most luthiers I know have at least a decade or two more experience than me. Maybe it's because the money's no good, nobody can afford to retire :lol:

• 2 weeks later...