Why become a member? ×

Replacing bridge on Ibanez GSR 200?

Rubbersoul

Depends how much you value your bass.

My first bass was a piece of crap but I loved it so much I stuck a badass bridge and set of Seymour Duncan pick ups in it.

If you love it and value it then do it. My recommendation is a Badass II or just look on eBay at one of the £12 high mass 5 bolt bass bridges. I've used them a few times and they're really good.

Ps: personally I would as I think those GSR 200's are excellent basses. Really good especially for a beginner but still good for gigging and recording at a higher level.

Good luck!

Edited by Biaeothanata-Bassist

[quote name='Rubbersoul' timestamp='1380830942' post='2231366']
Is it worth it and if so what would you recommend?
[/quote]
Hi
Yes - definitely. The GSR200 is a great bass and should do you nicely for many a gig. The thing about good manufacturers who sell under their own brand from entry level to professional, is that they can't afford to sell a dud...the danger of that tainting the reputation of their more expensive models is too great. Therefore often the entry models are simply down-spec'd but with the same quality of build as the better models. As such, you can often get to mid range performance just by upping the harware, p/ups, etc..
The wood they use is sometimes lighter than their upper range (I used to feel the slight vibration of the strings through the body on my GSR200) but again, good quality.

This is what I did to mine...

As it happens, this time I left all the hardware and p/ups as stock.

Eventually, I sold it to a Nepalese Buddhist who played bass in a Heavy Metal band...it has to be said that's a bit of a niche market :lol:

Andy

Edited by Andyjr1515