Why become a member? ×

Tanglewood Warrior. Anyone know anything about them?

timmo

Anyone know anything about them please? There was one for sale here about 3 years ago that I found for £80, but no idea if it sold. It looks nice, but not sure whether to have a bid on it and how much they should fetch.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tanglewood-Warrior-Bass-Guitar-Left-handed-/321217111822?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4aca08270e"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tanglewood-Warrior-Bass-Guitar-Left-handed-/321217111822?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4aca08270e[/url]

There are a number of sold Tanglewood Warriors on ebay, which suggests that the going price is about £70-110. I haven't played one so can't comment on how good they are. If I was looking for one, I'd be prepared to bid an extra £20 for that one because the finish is IMHO so nice. It looks a lot better than the solid coloured finishes.

• Like 1

I have owned three. A Warrior (shaped much like that one, but with both horns teh same length and a single MM pickup at the P-bass position), a Warrior II (like that one), and a Warrior III (F-holes, a MM and a Jazz pickup at the neck, inspired a bit in shape by the Warwick Infinity).

They were all pretty good.
The Warrior was the best. Nice ash (or something that looked like ash) body, great sound. Unfortunately because of the short top horn it had bad neck dive. Very solid.
The Warrior II was a bit less inspiring. It was ok. Nice platform for upgrade projects.
The Warrior III I liked a lot, and ended up installing a 3-band Glockengklang preamp on it. Unusual bass. I wish I had kept it.

Thanks for all the feedback. Unfortunately I put in a bid for a Peavey bass and won it. I placed the bid with 6 hours to go, but the late surge never happened. It was only after i entered the bid that i had serious regrets, cause this one looks nicer.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late in the day I know but for what it's worth I have a Warrior III FH.
If you can pick one up for anything under a ton, do it.
I wouldn't part with mine for the world. It is a very comfortable bass to play. It doesn't sound too bad either.
They are also just that bit different without looking outrageously stupid.

Provided it is all straight, you can't go wrong.