Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Nocaster Blackguard Tele with Bare Knuckle Brown Sugar Pickups - Keef Style!
£425

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Back up for sale, as the mate who was going to buy it is now faced with moving house, and every penny counts! I have also dropped the price a bit.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This guitar was mainly put together by someone else - who, I do not know. I have referred to it as a 'Nocaster'[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] because it does not say 'Telecaster' on the headstock. A Nocaster from Fender would cost you at least twice as much! It features the following:[/font][/color][list]
[*]Genuine Fender replacement neck. I guess this is what they call 'C profile' - sits beautifully in the left hand, neither a cricket bat nor a thin/flat speed neck, just a happy medium.
[*]Distressed body. I am not sure of the proper name for the finish, nor am I an expert woodologist, but it's a bit like the old Gibson TV Yellow, and you can see the wood grain through it. There is a lot of lacquer cracking, and quite a few dings and scrapes, which I think were deliberate by the builder. The fitting of the string ferrules in the rear of the body is not the neatest job, but then you don't see that while you're playing!
[*]Bare Knuckle Brown Sugar pickups. You can read the spec [url="https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/pickups.php?cat=teles&sub=vintage_hot&pickup=brown_sugar"]here[/url]. This is one of the older sets, with 'Bare Knuckle Pickups' engraved on the neck pickup cover. No prizes for guessing what they are supposed to sound like! (And they do.)
[*]The tuners look like Kluson replicas. They are not branded but work absolutely fine.
[/list]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]When I got the guitar I replaced the bridge saddles with compensated brass saddles and added a 1nF treble bleed capacitor to retain highs when the volume is backed off. (Blimey I feel like MDP here!)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am looking for [/font][/color][color=#ff0000][s][b]£425[/b][/s][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][size=6][color=#0000cd][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]£385[/b][/font][/color][/size][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] delivered within mainland Britain. You are welcome to come and try it through your own amp or one of mine. Price will be £25 less if picking up from me, and other delivery/meet-up options are subject to negotiation.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Trades - Possibly interested in a 3-pickup SG or LP (Gibson or Epi), or a Jazzmaster, I will probably want to meet up and try out what you have. Could also interested in amp head trades. I'm less likely to be interested in other stuff, but by all means shout out your trade offers on this thread, and my response will help others to know what might be worth a punt.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Okay, first of all a video from my days in the Rolling Zones tribute band. I am the guitarist on the centre/right as you look at the stage. This video is a montage (gotta have a montage, yeah!), during which I play the Nocaster[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] up to 6:15 (and after that a Les Paul). To be honest, the opening riff of [/font][/color][i]Start Me Up[/i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] should tell you all you need to know! After that there are some pictures.[/font][/color]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNrixqcpCSI[/media]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

Edited by JapanAxe

• 2 weeks later...