Why become a member? ×

Do I need a custom made thumb rest?

Doc B

My Squier VM Jazz pimping is well under way but I've decided that I'd like to fit a thumb-rest just in front of the bridge pickup (i.e. between the pup and the scratch plate) as that is the playing position I use most and find most comfortable.

From what I've seen the size of thumb rests that are normally available 'off the shelf' would be too long to fit where I want.

Do any of you know of anyone who will make me a nice wooden thumb rest that would go where i want.

Kiain

Cheers - that's a good idea - I'll need to find someone up here (Glasgow area) to make one though. Either that or I'll see if I can drop in on Mr Shuker when I'm holidaying in the peaks this September.

Out of interest - how much did yours cost?

[quote name='Buzz' post='222607' date='Jun 20 2008, 12:44 AM']Well, it's only a Squier VM...[/quote]

CHEEKY B@ST@RD :)

I'm pimping my Squier so my ham fisted efforts at wood/metal working would looked decidedly non-pimp and hardly in keeping with the pickup cover, Badass 2 and Wizards installed so far.

[quote name='Doc B' post='222870' date='Jun 20 2008, 01:08 PM']CHEEKY B@ST@RD :huh:

I'm pimping my Squier so my ham fisted efforts at wood/metal working would looked decidedly non-pimp and hardly in keeping with the pickup cover, Badass 2 and Wizards installed so far.[/quote]

Shhh you, I also own one, so I do know it's worth relativly little in re-sale money, but maybe it'll do a JV type turn in 20 years :)