Why become a member? ×

Crest Audio Prolite 2.0 power amp

Ghost_Bass

It's this one:
[url="http://www.peaveycommercialaudio.com/products.cfm/cr/Power+Amplifiers/Pro-LITE+Series/Pro-LITE(tm)+2.0"]http://www.peaveycommercialaudio.com/products.cfm/cr/Power+Amplifiers/Pro-LITE+Series/Pro-LITE(tm)+2.0[/url]

Anyone knows if it's available on EU/UK and where can it be found? There are some people on TB using them on bass and giving good reviews.

The specs look very good, powerfull and light, also very cheap on ebay but i'm only finding units selling in USA (110V).

I'm on the market for a power amp after grabbing a old Yamaha PB-1 preamp. I'm looking between Crown and Crest Audio to see if i can find something able to drive my Super12T (4 Ohms).

My requirements:
Cheap (used is perfectly fine unless it's really worth buying new),
1000W plus at 4 ohms (bridgeable for the sake of weight saving or mono block amp),
Light (the PB1 is a bit heavy so i'm trying to save a bit on the amp so i can fit all in one ABS rack)

Any ideas are wellcome, i'm inclined for the Prolite if i can find one running at 230V but everything else will be considered.

I already have a good offer from Stevie for his QSC 850 but have being readin on the net that QSC hasn't got the same low end response as, say, a crest CA6.

I have time to do this purchase so i'm gathering all info i can (it'll be my first pre+amp setup).

Cheers

Looks like guitarguitar is using the old "in stock but not really in stock" technique... i've e-mailed Peavey UK to find out more about this amp and here's their repply:

[quote][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]Thank you for your email. There is a US version and EU version, unfortunately they are not yet available in Europe and we are hoping early next year.[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

I'll look in to another thing in the meanwhile. I'm picking a borrowed one tomorrow to use during this period.