Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

End pin/Strap button Dilema

Skan

Hey,

I recently decided to start learning to play bass again, and when i dusted off my bass i realised that the strap button at the bottom of my bass was missing. so i headed to the internet and started googling trying to find a replacement.

I have a tanglewood warrior mk2 bass that i got 4 years ago. its black with a nice silver finish on anything metal, so i was looking for a silver strap button or 2 so they didnt look out of place on my bass.

I found what i thought i needed on ebay and bought it but the screw was way too thin.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to get/where to get it, i only wasted a couple of quid so thats no biggy.

Thanks

Skan

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='220668' date='Jun 17 2008, 03:35 PM']Just get a pair of straplocks, strings direct or stringbusters both sell accessories, and deliver pretty quickly.[/quote]

I dont wanna buy another set of things that dont fit. thats the main problem :)

It's apretty standard replacement part, pop into your local guitar shop I'm sure they'll have one.

Also when you replace it use some wood glue or Epoxy resin (which I prefer) this should stop the wood splitting further when you put n the new screw

[quote name='gilmour' post='220809' date='Jun 17 2008, 06:21 PM']It's apretty standard replacement part, pop into your local guitar shop I'm sure they'll have one.

Also when you replace it use some wood glue or Epoxy resin (which I prefer) this should stop the wood splitting further when you put n the new screw[/quote]

yeah i kinda realised im gonna have to go to my local shop, thanks man about the wood glue tip :)