Why become a member? ×

Back in the 'Low End' life again.

thebigyin

Just Bought what I hope's a Bargain.....Fender Jazz Bass made in Japan late 80s early 90s model for £300 from a local music store a few dings as you'd expect from a Bass from that era.....just wondered if you guyz think I may have copped a bargain? (hope so) feels great to play....picking it up on Saturday after he's oiled the neck ect. Also picked up a nice 65w Marshall Bass State bit battered but just had the graphics sorted ect for £99....so i'm happy and looking forward to start playing again after a long lay off....I bought a nice Squier cv a few years ago which I regrettably sold, hence the recent purchase....going to put in a lot of practice and hopefully find myself a nice little 'Blues' Band for the future....Cheers.

Cheers Rich......i'll see how the p/up's perform if I get sorted Band Wise....I haven't played the Bass for years....as said in my thread tried to get back into it a couple of years ago....but didn't really have the time....I'm going to seriously give another go this time tho'...once again thanks.

I really like my Japanese Fender Jazz. It sounds like yours is a bargain so enjoy!
I suspect your amp may be a little under powered with a band. Most of us on here are using 200 watts min in a band setting but, as you say, once you get sorted, you'll soon know if that's the case.

Yes you're right on the amp mate....but it'll do for practice and maybe rehearsal purposes for now....i'm singing with a Band at the moment and we're tied up gig wise till year end and a few gigs into 2014....but I don't know after that....at this moment i'm looking forward just to getting back into the Bass....although knockin' on in years now (51) lol....I still enjoy gigging and hopefully get back in the swing...thanks for your comments.