Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jazz Bass, handmade late 60's style, fretted and fretless
£750

cleekacleeque

Hand made fender jazz bass copy, late 60's style. The body and fretless neck (supplied, not currently fitted) were built by a luthier in Northampton called Arrowhead Guitars. This bass was built as a touring replacement for my own 1974 jazz bass, as I didn't want to take it around the country. Unfortunately the tour never materialised and now this bass is unused and not needed as I no longer play. The bass has a swamp ash body finished in super thin black nitro cellulose. The pick ups are Lindy Fralin, sound incredible, cost £150 on their own. All hardware is fender USA 70's reissue. Braided wiring with top quality components all round - noticed when I got the bass out to sell a volume knob has popped off, ill hopefully find it before the sale! Copper lined cavities. Bass currently has a fender Allparts 70's reissue fretted bound block inlay neck fitted, I've had the headstock finished in black nitro to match the body which looks great. Neither of the head stocks have any writing on so you can do what you want. The allparts neck alone was £250. As mentioned above the bass comes with a second neck by the luthier, it's a fretless lined bound and dot inlay neck, very unusual and cool. Profile is inbetween J and P it's wonderful. Schaller strap buttons, hand made real celluloid scratch plate. The bass cost me over £1400. Being unnamed can make an instrument like this harder to sell, but rest assured this is a top quality instrument gagging to be gigged or a vital studio tool with fretted and fretless options.

Also listed in eBay start price £525 no reserve, £750 is the buy it now, I'm open to sensible offers.

Email me on:

[email protected]

Thanks Alex

Paul Creedy is an excellent Luthier. I know him well. Arrowhead guitars are lovely hand made guitars. Paul only uses high end materials. All the spalted, figured, eyed, knotty woods. I know when looking for Paul to build me an Arrowhead Jazz I was looking at minimum 1500+. Paul doesn't do low end work. A very accomplished luthier.

When you say a "no name" guitar did you opt to not have it made as an arrowhead with arrowhead logo?

Best luck with the sale. Here's the link btw: http://bit.ly/1fUL8bo

Edited by jamondrums

As it was made as a fender copy, originally I got the raw body and fretless neck from Paul with the hardware and electrics that i supplied installed, ready for me to decide how to finish it off.
It took me a while to decide and get the bass painted, scratch plate made etc, so it never got decals, and with the headstock on the fretted neck painted black, I had ideas of a gold logo like the old custom shop fenders but never got round to it, then I moved from the midlands to london...

Thanks for the comment!
Regards

Alex

• 2 weeks later...