Why become a member? ×

Series/parallel J Pickups?

Hit&Run

Now then,
Can any basschatters advise me as to which jazz bass pickups on the market can be wired for individual series/parallel operation?

I know the dimarzios can (ultra jazz & model j), but I can't find any others that allow this option.

Share your wisdom with me!

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='220178' date='Jun 16 2008, 08:09 PM']Come on guys, don't make me drop kick the kitten...[/quote]
Errmmm - isn't it "just" a question of how they're wired and switched together rather than anything to do with the pickups themselves? I intend to do this S1 switching on mine soon and posted a thread in repairs & technical recently that someone kindly answered. I'll try to find it.

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='219394' date='Jun 15 2008, 07:50 PM']Can any basschatters advise me as to which jazz bass pickups on the market can be wired for individual series/parallel operation?[/quote]
The individual pups or both S-1 stylie?

[url="http://www.guitar-mod.com/rg_pw_bass1_passive.html"]The lazy way[/url]

Edited by johnnylager

Whoa there gents,

[quote name='johnnylager' post='220346' date='Jun 17 2008, 07:30 AM']The individual pups or both S-1 stylie?[/quote]I mean series/parallel for each individual pickup.

I should have seen the S1 answers coming...

I have some dimarzio DP123s with a series/parallel switch for each pickup, and I was wondering if there were any alternatives to Dimarzios out there?

I dug out the old 'bass player jazz pickup shootout' last night and not that many of them seemed to fit the bill.

Thanks.