Why become a member? ×

Markbass traveller 151p vs Genz Benz FCS-115T

Prince_phil

Hi

Im looking for a 15" cab and have tried out the Markbass and quite liked it but does anyone have any opinions on the Genz Benz? The Markbass is about £450 and has slightly better specs (400w and goes down to 40Hz) the Genz Benz is 300w and goes down to 47hz and can be had for about £250 so they're not quite in the same ball park price wise. Il be using a fender american standard jazz V and a Markbass little mark II head. Ive nowhere to try out the Genz benz so I would have to order it blind- it almost seems too cheap for a decent cab but the seem to get good reviews! Any opinions? I might see if I can combine whichever one I get with my EA wizzy cab to see what that sounds like.
Thanks
Phil

I've only used the mark bass one with a 210 on top of it. I loved it! And they can really handle high volumes and low notes through them. The band I depped for plays everything tuned a semi tone down, and we played a couple of drop 'd' tracks. So actually drop C#, and the mark bass cabs loved it, they sound amazing with really low notes through them. When you hear that the price suddenly becomes a bargain.

Don't forget, there is a current trend for 112's and 15's aren't as popular as they used to be (as i see it anyway, I could be wrong).

Dan