Why become a member? ×

Nexus Shinning 5 Master build WITHDRAWN/TRADED
£1500

cavster123

[font=Arial, sans-serif][color=#333333][size=3]Nexus shinning 5. Stunning bass. Great tone, feel, fast neck & generous string spacing for slapping. Real head turner, guaranteed to stand out from the crowd. Recent set up by Gerry Haze(top Irish luthier) Pics don't do the bass justice. I'll get better ones up soon. This bass is built to the absolute highest possible standards. [/size][/color][/font]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Body types solid body sandwich Neck type through body Body materials solid body: 4 pieces Back: Bodo - Hard Maple - Mahogany Honduras Top: Spalted Maple neck: 21 pieces Mahogany Honduras - Padouk - Mahogany fingerboard: Tigre maple Fret positions: 24 Hardware Headmachines: Schaller Bridge: Schaller 3D-5 Pickups: Bartolini MK-5 Electronics: EMG 2-WA [/size][/font][/color]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][color=#333333][size=3]Here's a link to the luthiers website with much better pictures. Pics on the website is this actual bass that I have for sale.[/size][/color][/font]

[url="http://www.nexus-guitars.com/bmshin5s.html"]http://www.nexus-gui...m/bmshin5s.html[/url]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bass is in Ireland. Upon shipping, bass will be shipped in its own hardcase with further packaging, boxing etc. Details to be confirmed with buyer, [/size][/font][/color]

I can add any picture upon request. Trade wise, Id be interested in high end 5 strings J's, sadowsky, lakland, xotic etc

Thanks for looking guys,

Edited by cavster123

wow, that's crazy... and you're only up the road from me.
I'm curious to know how you came to own it. Was it made for you?
Being in Ireland makes it hard to find anything slightly out of the ordinary, and buying something without holding it first just makes me nervous, even though I've done it twice :D

Hi LBR

Im a newb on these forums but I wish I had signed up earlier, great resource for all things bass. Yeah the nexus is a stunner, a really special piece. Its not getting the playing it deserves so I cant justify holding onto it or afford to for that matter. I'm its 2nd owner, bass is approx 3/4 years old. I bought it off a Polish guy living here who had it built for him.The luthier is also Polish, Check out the website, some weird and wonderful builds there. I can honestly tell you I have never seen craftmanship like this before and its got the tone and feel to match. If your interested, your more than welcome to try it out anytime.

[quote name='cavster123' timestamp='1378439159' post='2200311']
Leroy Diamond lolI think we have met before, your username is ringing bells with me, You sold me a musicman sterling LTD 2005 few years back in Galway. I got the right man? :)
[/quote]

That's me. A beauty of a bass that was to and you got it at the right price!. We were both happy with that deal. Come on the Banner!!!

Edited by leroydiamond

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1378459797' post='2200521']
That's me. A beauty of a bass that was to and you got it at the right price!. We were both happy with that deal. Come on the Banner!!!
[/quote]

Small world I tell ya, it was a cracking bass, super neck. I had a 3 year fling with all things musicman a while back, sterling,stingray, bongo etc Ive since gone back to the J however. Hope your keeping well. Up the premier :)

[quote name='cavster123' timestamp='1378464667' post='2200646']
Small world I tell ya, it was a cracking bass, super neck. I had a 3 year fling with all things musicman a while back, sterling,stingray, bongo etc Ive since gone back to the J however. Hope your keeping well. Up the premier :)
[/quote]

Yea the J is where its at for me also but that Nexus is a stunner. Any basschater can deal with confidence with cavster123. Mayo for Sam! (I am a Mayo man!!)

Edited by leroydiamond

[quote name='cavster123' timestamp='1378438961' post='2200310'] I bought it off a Polish guy living here who had it built for him.The luthier is also Polish[/quote]

aha, the Polish connection. That's excellent. The website is fun. Some nice stuff. Some MAD stuff... granite fretboards!
We could really do with more importing of exotic instruments so adverts.ie starts looking more like your post and less like an army of Stellahs and Tanglewood Rebel 4ks :D
Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for a 6 string and my budget is much much less than what you're asking anyway :)