Why become a member? ×

Bass practice amp distortion

badboy1984

I once tried a Trace Elliot 30 watt bass amp, in a shop I might add, and it distorted straight away. I don't think low watt amps are that great for bass. Just in my experience. There will now be plenty who say they are great. I'd go for something around 60 to 70 watts.

My Ashdown perfect 10 mini stack 60watt with 2x10 is probably the best low watt amp i play. This warwick blue cab 15 just put me off from buying any low watt amps now ......

The kick back style is good but the sound is way too distort for my taste even at low volume. It sounded perfect when using headphone.

Must be the speaker can't handle the low.

That's a real shame. Any chance of getting your money back?

If you are still looking for a small but decent practice amp, I'd recommend looking around for a used Roland Cube 30 Bass. I've had one for a few years and it is phenomenal in terms of build, sound and volume. It also has several amp models, some effects and a compressor. You can run an MP3 through it, and use headphones too.

Highly recommended, although proably a bit pricier than the Warwick.

Cheers

Geoff