Why become a member? ×

Cheap lightweight amplification solution? Will this work?

basshead56

Hi Guys,

Looking to sort a second amp for mostly EUB purposes.

Recently, I managed to get a great deal on a (4ohm) Mesa Scout Radiator 15 cab and when paired with my M-Pulse 600 it sounds mighty!!! Plenty of click and clack for my remedial rockabilly-slap stuff too.

The problem is I don't wanna keep taking the M-Pulse out cause I find with the EUB I use here (a Baby clone), I find that I have to be careful with EQ and volume-don't wanna overdrive the cab and it's also a pain having to reset the EQ to the right settings everytime for my P or J basses (into the MP600 and through a Powerhouse 8x10) vs EUB.

So...

I already have a VT Bass Deluxe on my board that comes everywhere with me anyway. I am wondering if running the EUB into the VT (which I tend to do anyway, as I have saved the EUB sounds I like on the second set of presets) into either an EHX 22 or 44 Caliber amp pedal, then into the Mesa cab.
Would this be loud enough for small gigs and rehearsal (drummer, electric gat and vocals there too)??

Or am I dreaming?

Any thoughts on this would be really appreciated, as always :)

I think a simpler solution would be something like a Radial Bassbone which allows you to switch between instruments and correct the output if they're at different volumes.

http://www.tonebone.com/tb-bassbone.htm

If those MXR pedals are what I'm thinking of, then you won't have much clean headroom on them before they start to break up.