Why become a member? ×

Mono M80 case zip repair

countjodius

Hey all,

The zip on the front pocket of my M80 has bust (out of warranty unfortunately), and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to repair this? So far I've tried shoe/bag repairers, upholsterers, saddlers and clothing alterers all with no luck (a combination of the case being to big to use in sewing machines, and not be able to turn the zip inside out for repair).

I've attached a photo- you can see where the teeth have ripped away from their stitching, with both sliders now on one side. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the case is fine apart from this pocket flapping open!

Thanks

MB1.
Superscrimpers tip
The only way this is still usable if the zip cannot be replaced? Is
The zip works from either side?
Sew the one inch damaged section together
Not ideal but will save you having to throw it out and buy another one.
(Would have thought a good tailor/alteration hand would have been able to sort this)

Sewing it shut up to the tear sounds like a good idea. The only problem with fixing the zip is that it looks like I can't get in to the good end of the zipper to pry it out & try and get the sliders on both rows of teeth (hope that makes sense!)! It's pretty securely sealed in to the material of the outside & inside of the pocket! Hmmm.. :scratch_one-s_head: