Why become a member? ×

Acme B2, 4 ohm. SOLD.
£400

funkle

Hi all

Having scored a Bergantino IP112ER, I finally feel able to let go of my Acme B2. A great cab, been with me 5 years and going strong. I've used any number of amps with it though I ultimately preferred the smooth sound of the Streamliner, which has beautiful built in high pass filtering also. The TecAmp Puma also worked well in my experience.

I'm sure you guys know the score, but if you don't, this is the lowest tuned cabinet out there. If you have the watts, it delivers more low end than any other passive cabinet I've ever played through. Of course, that colours my interpretation of other cabs quite a bit too - this was my first 'higher end'/'boutique' cabinet. It's also the one that inspired Alex Claber to get on with his Barefaced designs. Another story....

I'm strictly a 4-banger these days, but I find even with a 4 string I love the luscious low end - it's not just for 5-bangers.

This is a carpeted Series II model, as opposed to the newer Series III spray finish models. I prefer carpeting, but everyone's mileage varies.

Link to the Acme website for info: [url="http://www.acmebass.com/pdf/b2.pdf"]http://www.acmebass.com/pdf/b2.pdf[/url]

[b]Specs: [/b][list]
[*]Frequency response: +/-3 dB 41Hz to 22 kHz -6 dB at 31 Hz
[*]Power Handling: 350 Watts RMS continuous
[*]300 Watts sine wave @ 30.87 Hz
[*]Sensitivity: 93 dB 1W/1M
[*]Impedance: 4 ohms
[*]Dimensions: 23"H x 15.75"W x 16.5"D
[*]Weight: 50 lbs / 23.2 kg
[/list]
I would suggest the specs to be slightly conservative...I've pumped 900W from my Streamliner in (fingerstyle, not slapping, and I have a light touch) on a regular basis without harm. My old TecAmp Puma 500 actually worked very well too - it put in 500W into this cabinet and was equally loud (and had excellent EQ points which worked well with the cab). A superb cab for jazz, funk, function band stuff, and the like, which is exactly what I used it for. I'm told it's excellent for double bass too though I don't play upright. It reproduces pretty much what you put in, a lot like playing through a desk or studio monitors.

It's in good working order. The rear metal edge strips have some wear but otherwise the cab is in good condition.

Looking through my old receipts and what not, I paid £500 + import + VAT = £650 to get this to the UK 5 years ago. Whomever would like it can have this cab for considerably less than I paid.

I'll put it out there for[s] [b]£300 + shipping[/b] to any interested parties[/s]. [b]SOLD.[/b] Collection is absolutely fine too.

I'll have to attach pics in a following post, the uploader seems to be having some trouble.

Pete

Edited by funkle

• 4 weeks later...