Why become a member? ×

Strunal/Thomann five-string double bass. SOLD
£850

jrixn1

[b]Price reduced to £780[/b]
[b](Sale only, no trades.[/b])

The bass is in very good condition. I bought it new from Thomann two years ago. It is a hybrid 3/4-size "Strunal 5/35" (rebranded by Thomann as a "Thomann 2/5") with a carved spruce top and ebony fingerboard.

A new bridge was professionally cut and fitted last month. The action is medium. Currently strung with Thomastik Spirocores, with a low "B". I will also throw in a Spirocore high "C", and Innovation Honey high "C" and "G" strings.

Doesn't come with a bag/case, sorry.

Collection from Wimbledon. Alternatively, I gig regularly across the south-east, so perhaps could deliver or meet half-way.

Edited by jrixn1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a seriuos buyer, I know the risk in the shipping process and could be damaged by the size of the instrument, the higher quote and the custom fees, posibly if use DHL or Fedex could be more easy and secure, but if you decide selling to me I pay the insurance and belive that is not a problem, I have a lot experience and many years buying in other countries, strings, bows, laps, ipods, cellos etc. Lets try to do a negociation about this.

Best Regards

• 1 month later...

[quote name='jrixn1' timestamp='1381594875' post='2241203']
The bridge was done by Hugh at the Old Violin Workshop in Hampton Hill.

At the moment I'm looking just for a straight sale, not trades (thanks - I'll edit the initial post to clarify that).
[/quote]

Lovely little shop ! Have often wandered past longingly looking to see if there any DB but seems to be cellos and violins only . Great that you have a taken it to a good luthier to get a decent bridge fitted!

• 2 weeks later...