Why become a member? ×

Should I buy this DVD set by Alan Parsons?

MiltyG565

Just seen a video talking about this DVD set by Alan Parsons, and it's currently reduced, to $95, which I reckon is between £60-£70 (am I right?). So what do you reckon? You probably know that I don't know a great deal about recording or mixing, so do you think I'm not ready for this level of tuition, or should I just go on ahead and get it?

It´s more on a beginner level, but sheds a light into many niches, though. You get a lot of information for your money since it consists of 3 double layer DVDs.
Anyway the best thing you can do to learn about recording is simply to do it and not too much think about it. Read a few good books about the theory, esp. miking and ask experienced people for their opinion about what you´ve done.

Edited by jensenmann

[quote name='jensenmann' timestamp='1376760463' post='2178832']
It´s more on a beginner level, but sheds a light into many niches, though. You get a lot of information for your money since it consists of 3 double layer DVDs.
Anyway the best thing you can do to learn about recording is simply to do it and not too much think about it. Read a few good books about the theory, esp. miking and ask experienced people for their opinion about what you´ve done.
[/quote]

That's exactly what I'm doing. Well, I'm not doing any recording right now, but I always read some theory on here, and if I have questions, I ask. Thanks for the advice though :) If it's on a beginner level, I'll consider it more now.

Heh! From Austin Powers movie :D[list]
[*][b]Dr. Evil[/b]: The key to this project is the giant laser, which was invented by the noted Cambridge physicist, Dr. Parsons. So therefore, it is fitting to call it: "The Alan Parsons Project".
[*][i][Scott snickers][/i]
[*][b]Dr. Evil[/b]: What?
[*][b]Scott[/b]: The Alan Parsons Project was a progressive rock band from 1982. Why don't you just name it Operation Wang Chung, ass?
[/list]

Edited by Hobbayne