Why become a member? ×

MEN IMITATING MACHINES

phil.i.stein

although this isn't necessarily a basschatters' gig as such, it is highly worthy of mention, so i'm putting it here in the hope that a few may notice ..

o.k. so i guess Shep is waiting 'til the last moment to put this out there, but personally, i'm very over-excited by this, so i can't keep my mouth shut any longer.

the antipodean monsters are here !

Golden Fleece, Mansfield Rd., Nottingham.

24/08

just be there.

intro :

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8wEvIXSXOY[/media]

a cool track, one of many. YT them.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKcinNE7ZA[/media]

i'll see you there.

Edited by phil.i.stein

Great gig! KADE were excellent, nicely ambient with some lovely soundscapes, but a very short set :-(

MiM were superb! My mate thought the bass player looked bizarre and intimidating, like a safari hunter stalking big game with a jellybean blunderbuss. I thought they were brilliant. They are the band that Daft Punk could have become, had they not opted for mediocre jarlsberg disco.

Nice to meet you Shep. Mr Stein, sorry I missed you, was looking out for that mask!

Thanks for coming both of you!

Sorry our set was short (we, like the venue) had a few technical issues! We thought better to end while it all worked still :)

The Safari hunter stuff would be considered a compliment. That is exactly why they dress like that an have the crazy handlebar moustache! :)

Thanks again for coming dude!

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1377416915' post='2187173']
Great gig! KADE were excellent, nicely ambient with some lovely soundscapes, but a very short set :-(

MiM were superb! My mate thought the bass player looked bizarre and intimidating, like a safari hunter stalking big game with a jellybean blunderbuss. I thought they were brilliant. They are the band that Daft Punk could have become, had they not opted for mediocre jarlsberg disco.

Nice to meet you Shep. Mr Stein, sorry I missed you, was looking out for that mask!
[/quote]

my sentiments too !

a superb night out !

i was the bald one in the red t-shirt. :D