Why become a member? ×

Spider XL Pedalboard Flight Case

I’m selling my brand new and completely mint Spider XL Pdealboard Flight Case - [url="http://www.spider-engineering.co.uk/scripts/product.asp?product=4%2E+Pedalboard+case+XLarge%5F3879"]http://www.spider-engineering.co.uk/script...e+XLarge%5F3879[/url] – one of those :huh:
I just foolishly thought “bigger is better” (as my girlfriend often tells me :brow:) and went for the largest case that I could reasonably afford, and low and behold…it’s a f***ing monster and big enough to house a small African community.
It cost me £90 and I’m obviously hoping to get back as much of this as possible but I think I can reasonably expect the vast majority of it back but I do expect to incur some loss. I’m not going to “name my price” so I’m open to offers – highest bidder wins :huh:
I’d really like to do a part exchange deal with someone for a much smaller pedalboard that’s of a similar style as I do still need one because I’ve figured out what I actually need it for now (about 4 or 5 separate pedals to be set up in a case ready to be placed next to my Line 6 Pod XT Live). I think I’ve gradually realised that I’m not one for loads and loads of effects, I’d much rather have a select few that get used lots and sound amazing, so I don’t think I’d ever fill this huge beast up.
Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but a complete bitch. Show me what you’ve got in terms of P/X and make me an offer I can’t refuse…go on, you know you want to :)

cheers big ears :huh:

Edited by benwhiteuk

Here’s a pic with some pedals to give a reference to the size of it as I don’t think you can really gauge how big it is from the pic on the website:

[attachment=9565:PB.JPG]

You can easily fit 3 Boss style pedals from top to bottom and a conservative 7 from left to right (and that’s not even really squishing them together like I’ve seen a few of you guys do with your boards.
BTW – The Derby “Express” is a little bit bigger than The Sun – again I put this in the picture just for reference.

Edited by benwhiteuk

[quote name='MB1' post='219539' date='Jun 15 2008, 11:20 PM']MONSTER!,MONSTER!,MONSTER!.....Whats the Rent? :)[/quote]

funny you should say that...I've just watched Cloverfield.
As for rent - based on London prices I'd say I could probably expect to achieve about £750 PCM, maybe £800 if I turn on the old south coast charm :huh: If we take things a bit further up north, like Derby for example, I’d expect it to drop to around £3.50 or £4 PCM maybe if I’m lucky. In any case I’m not really looking to release it on a letting deal, I’d much prefer to set up a part exchange arrangement (+ cash) with someone looking to expand their current pedal dwelling as I’m actually looking to downsize considerably. All offers considered on this very spacious, fully furnished, and ideally located pedalboard…did I mention the view?

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='219555' date='Jun 15 2008, 11:35 PM']funny you should say that...I've just watched Cloverfield.
As for rent - based on London prices I'd say I could probably expect to achieve about £750 PCM, maybe £800 if I turn on the old south coast charm :huh: If we take things a bit further up north, like Derby for example, I’d expect it to drop to around £3.50 or £4 PCM maybe if I’m lucky. In any case I’m not really looking to release it on a letting deal, I’d much prefer to set up a part exchange arrangement (+ cash) with someone looking to expand their current pedal dwelling as I’m actually looking to downsize considerably. All offers considered on this very spacious, fully furnished, and ideally located pedalboard…did I mention the view?[/quote]

MB1. :)
Hello Ben!
Think Tayste 2000 is the only guy on this forum with enough pedals to fill that one!(think hes still got a boss pedalcasefor sale for 3 boss pedals,depends on how small you wanna downsize?)
Best Wishes!
Martin.

[quote name='MB1' post='219562' date='Jun 15 2008, 11:48 PM']MB1. :)
Hello Ben!
Think Tayste 2000 is the only guy on this forum with enough pedals to fill that one!(think hes still got a boss pedalcasefor sale for 3 boss pedals,depends on how small you wanna downsize?)
Best Wishes!
Martin.[/quote]

Cheers mate. I think I’m looking for something that’s of a similar style to this massive one, like a solid and sturdy flightcase (or similar) and with the freedom to position my pedals in the arrangement that I want (which I don’t think the Boss cases will allow you to do). I’ve also got quite a few pedals that are no the same shape as the Boss ones , so realistically I don’t think a Boss case would be much use.
Ideally I need the case I’ve got to be half the size, that would be perfect :huh:
Cheers for the heads up though mate – the Ampeg is still kicking ass BTW :huh:

Hello Ben
did you buy this from flightcase direct?,if you did might be easier/cheaper asking them to change it.Dont go for a Warwick Rockcase unless you like recovering cases,which i have just done.Glad to hear the Ampegs still shaking your pants and keeping you and your drummer regular! :huh:

[quote name='MB1' post='219757' date='Jun 16 2008, 12:00 PM']MB1. :)
Hello Ben
did you buy this from flightcase direct?,if you did might be easier/cheaper asking them to change it.Dont go for a Warwick Rockcase unless you like recovering cases,which i have just done.Glad to hear the Ampegs still shaking your pants and keeping you and your drummer regular! :huh:[/quote]

Cheers for the idea Martin, I got in contact with the Flightcase Warehouse and they said they can only do me £69.99 credit if I return it in perfect condition (and obviously at my own expense) despite it costing me £89.99 – great returns policy, do you think they’re having a laugh or being serious? It’s hard to tell…

Hello Ben.
They should be refunding you the full amount if theres nothing wrong with it. Have you still got your original reciept?. You will be expected to pay to get it back to them if its not there fault(you did after all purchase the wrong size).Youre gonna be purchasing another pedalboard/case off them so i cant understand why they wont give you a Full refund.Mind you theyve still got to post you the new replacement board/case so i suppose youll have to take postage into account too.Might be better to put this down to experience and just get the proper sized board you were after.

I'll sell for [size=5][b]£80 [/b][/size]to anyone who is able to collect from Derby or Portsmouth (but you will have to let me know before Saturday if you want to collect from Portsmouth)