Why become a member? ×

Bass Big Muff Pi Issue

BassistInTheNorth

So yesterday, I got my new Bass Big Muff Pi in the post. Set it up, turned it on, no problems whatsoever.
Today however, I turned on my amp and got absolutely nothing. After some investigation, it seemed that the BBMP was the issue. After probing some more, I found that I could get a sound if I used the dry output, however the effect output gave me nothing. Another odd thing that occurs is that when I run through the effect output with the BBMP switched off, it works fine until I turn it on, where I don't get anything. This persists even after turning it off again.
I'm really quite stumped as to what the problem could be so any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Elliot

Edited by BassistInTheNorth

[quote name='BassistInTheNorth' timestamp='1376057003' post='2169132']
So yesterday, I got my new Bass Big Muff Pi in the post. Set it up, turned it on, no problems whatsoever.
Today however, I turned on my amp and got absolutely nothing. After some investigation, it seemed that the BBMP was the issue. After probing some more, I found that I could get a sound if I used the dry output, however the effect output gave me nothing. Another odd thing that occurs is that when I run through the effect output with the BBMP switched off, it works fine until I turn it on, where I don't get anything. This persists even after turning it off again.
I'm really quite stumped as to what the problem could be so any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Elliot
[/quote]

Loose connection. Is it brand new? If so, don't even open it up, contact the vendor and get it swapped for another one!

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1376058376' post='2169156']
Loose connection. Is it brand new? If so, don't even open it up, contact the vendor and get it swapped for another one!
[/quote] Ah, okay, thanks. What can I do to fix that? Yep, brand new. I already opened it to see if the battery was the issue, have I voided my warranty?

Edited by BassistInTheNorth

[quote name='BassistInTheNorth' timestamp='1376058759' post='2169165']
Yep, brand new. I already opened it to see if the battery was the issue, have I voided my warranty?
[/quote]

No, that's no issue so you're all good. Give the shop a call today, explain what's gone on and say you want a replacement or refund. Did you buy it online? Even more protection if so. Best thing to do is to just get straight on it though, don't wait :) let us know how you get on!

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1376059001' post='2169172']
No, that's no issue so you're all good. Give the shop a call today, explain what's gone on and say you want a replacement or refund. Did you buy it online? Even more protection if so. Best thing to do is to just get straight on it though, don't wait :) let us know how you get on!
[/quote]
I'll do just that, thanks mate!